By Lemonhead - 21/07/2009 15:19 - United States

Today, I came home from living in Spain for 2 years. My mom made dinner for me, and she had forgotten about my allergy to citrus, because she made lemon chicken. After using my EpiPen, and calling 911 for myself, I heard my mom say to my dad, "She always did have to be the center of attention." FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 007
You deserved it 3 796

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

DEVASTATOR 12

very your mom sounds like a heartless cow

alwaysalady 0

How does you MOTHER forget a life threatening allergy? I mean, seriously! My mom still tells people in reaustaurants, "That doesn't have tomatoes in it, right? Because she's allergic, so it better not have tomatoes in it!"

So, no pizza for you? I think that's an FML right there.

Mooshki 0

I guess we know why you moved so far away!

Your mother seems to care a lot. Hopefully she's also allergic to something you can feed her.

purple_nugget 0

Ouch, that sucks!! Sounds like my mum... Definitely FYL!

rayrayy_fml 0

I'm calling shenanigans- Lemon chicken? Anyone that's had chicken picatta knows it's quite clearly COVERED in lemon juices. If you couldn't smell/taste it RIGHT away, YDI. Don't be so careless about such a severe allergy and then blame your Mom.

speak_a_da_truth 0

you speak_a_da_truth! YDI for being an idiot OP!

Ever think that maybe something else could overwhelm the smell? OR maybe the OP is unfortunate enough to not have that good a sense of smell? I know it has to be nearly vomit-worthy strength for me to smell something typically, along with both my mother and grandfather have that issue, so I know it wouldn't be unheard of for someone else to have it as well

I've had other kinds of lemon chicken, and if I hadn't been told I would have had no idea there was any lemon. The amount of lemon juice can vary widely.

Where did it say picatta in the OP? Lots of chicken dishes can contain lemon, but it might not be an obvious ingredient at first.

dlmurphy 0

you have to understand that it's quite possible that she doesn't recognize the smell of lemon juice right off due to the fact that she is allergic to it so she isn't introduced to the smell very often. i could be wrong, but i'm just trying see how it could be true instead of being an asshole like you and assuming everyones an idiot.

z0mb130v3rl0rd 0

You should tell your mom she always had to be a bitch.