By Anonymous - 07/09/2016 14:00 - United Kingdom

Today, I called my boyfriend and asked if he wanted to come watch a movie. He seemed eager, until I said I needed the company because my period had started. He then went dead silent, waited a few seconds before starting to fake-snore, then hung up on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 434
You deserved it 2 109

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time he wants something, do a fake-snore.

I'm sorry, I laughed way harder at that then I should have. Not because it happened, but because your boyfriend thought you'd actually buy it. I don't know if he has a reason behind it from past experiences or if he's just a jerk, but that honestly sucks, OP. I hope you feel better!

Comments

This guy sounds like a complete child. I mean who does fake snoring to get out of a situation like that? I'm sorry you have such a shitty boyfriend op but honestly you should dump his immature ass.

freedom111 7

No worries OP. I will watch the movie with you.

He's a guy. You gotta wait till he's already there to tell him that.

Or, he can be mature, instead of acting like a juvenile asshole, and accept that his gf gets periods like every grown woman, and be there for her during this uncomfortable time.

Talis99 26

Acting like that, 40, is manipulative and giving women a bad name. You don't have to hide your situation from your S/O--not if you're both mature adults who realize this is a natural part of life.

I wouldn't usually say this,but,dump that douche.If he can't accept the fact that something completely normal is happening then he's an asshole.Find someone better.Someone who will be perfectly happy to cuddle you when you're in pain.

I don't know if he's normally a great boyfriend, although it really doesn't sound that way, but it may be time to look at your relationship in greater detail. Does he usually seem less involved or around during your period? If so, time to upgrade to someone better - an actual man, and not a booty calling man child.

Meanwhile: my boyfriend brought me to the store simply so I could buy my 'lady products', then checked them out for me since I didn't know how to use the self-checkout... may be time to get a new boyfriend, OP.

awesome, glad you found someone who is there for you. but who doesnt know how to use self checkout but it techsavy enough to be posting on fml?

Relationships develop over time and if it is company you seek, and his eagerness is consistently only physical, only then should you start taking stock on maintaining the relationship if he only wants physical. Either way, good post!