By Jay - 06/06/2009 13:17 - United States

Today, I bought my cat a nice big bag of expensive anti-hairball catfood, so she'd stop puking hairballs on my things. After eating it, she started running around wildly, howling and projectile vomiting on EVERYTHING. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 738
You deserved it 7 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yeah..you're not supposed to just change an animal's food all of a sudden like that. it'd be like you only eating bread your entire life, and then one day we take away bread and just give you broccoli. you'd puke your guts up, because what the hell is this green stuff and where's my bread?! try mixing 75% old food with 25% new food for a few days, then 50%/50% , then 75% new and 25% , then 100% the new stuff.

That's how anti hairball food works. It's hard to cough up a hairball while puking

Comments

smalltowngirl88 0

1- Should've asked your vet BEFORE switching food 2- NEVER make a sudden change in food, it upsets the cat's stomach, hence vomiting

ShenziSixaxis 0

The way you explained it got me laughing hystarically. She literally ran around "wildly, howling and projectile vomiting on EVERYTHING"? God, I bet she feels GREAT!

I'm gonna say FYL and YDI because if you own a pet, you should know that you gradually change their food by gradually adding in over a couple of weeks or so, not just switch it all at once. FYL because that plainly sucks..

How was this not moderated. And #77, what'd the point in that? The point of YDI or FYL is so that people can see if the person is an idiot or truly unlucky. Get a dog.

omg lol thats messed but too funny u know u can probably sew the comp that make that food

The solution is to take CARE of your cat and brush her fur to remove the excess hair that causes hairballs. YDI for not taking proper care of your pet.

At least she stoped having hairballs

briana83 0

Sometimes it works better to slowly incorporate new food into their old food. Cats sometimes have sensitive stomachs and if you suddenly change their diet it can (obviously) make them sick.

i'd go back to the pet store where you got the food from and demand my money back