By Jay - 06/06/2009 13:17 - United States

Today, I bought my cat a nice big bag of expensive anti-hairball catfood, so she'd stop puking hairballs on my things. After eating it, she started running around wildly, howling and projectile vomiting on EVERYTHING. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 738
You deserved it 7 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yeah..you're not supposed to just change an animal's food all of a sudden like that. it'd be like you only eating bread your entire life, and then one day we take away bread and just give you broccoli. you'd puke your guts up, because what the hell is this green stuff and where's my bread?! try mixing 75% old food with 25% new food for a few days, then 50%/50% , then 75% new and 25% , then 100% the new stuff.

That's how anti hairball food works. It's hard to cough up a hairball while puking

Comments

That might actually be why my cat has started vomiting hairballs again, my parents switched her food when she ran out. Poor cat, and I can't fix it because her old food is from the internet, I don't think they sell it in the supermarket. Will she eventually get used to it?

carefare 0

You idiot everyone knows that you can't just switch an animal to a new type of food. You have to slowly start mixing the new food into the old food until it gets used to the new food. Otherwise, they will puke everywhere and also they usually have really bad diarrhea, too.

stxchickshortie 0

Maybe your cat has problems. Try letting it eat grass that is good for it digestvie system (:

stxchickshortie 0

It's ok maybe he just wanted to say "ttttthhhhhhaaaaaannnnnkkkk yyyyooooouuuuu and btw try some! so much better than the other stuff!"

JDsaltyfalls9 0

lmao that sucks sooo bad but it is soooooooooooooooooo funny

I don't know why, but I found this ******* hilarious.

I'm sorry your kitty got sick and I'm sorry you have to clean all that up, but this is really funny. :D I actually lol'd. LMAO I hope 28 is joking.

Speaking as a vet: 1. There is no such thing as "anti-hairball" food formulas. Nothing can or SHOULD prevent a cat from expelling hairballs. The cat needs to expell them before they become a potential bowel obstruction. There are however food formulas that can assist the cat in expelling the hairballs easily, without a lot of choking, and preventing obstruction. You should also brush your cat often, minimising the potential hairballs. 2. You should never change an animal's food abruptly. It can cause stomach upset/vomiting, diarrhea, and sometimes intestinal blockage. 3. From your cat's rather violent reaction to the food, you need to take her to a vet. She may be allergic or suffering from food poisoning.

ouch that really sucks. I read some of the other posters say that you dessered it for switching the cat food to unexpectedly. I still think it's an FML because it is not common knowledge, not to mention most animals adapt well to new food. Besides, no one deseres to clean up puke all day.