By Anonymous - 06/02/2012 21:10 - United States

Today, I asked my professor what happened to the assignment I gave him several weeks ago. Turns out he lost it, and graded me zero as a result. Now if I want a mark, he says I'll have to hand-write it all over again, but that I "probably shouldn't bother," because it was "a bit shit, really." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 524
You deserved it 2 412

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flockz 19

Rewrite it, the stick it in a drawer in his desk, and tell him you found it. Trust me, he'll be sorry

Comments

Clamcreepy 7

Get a tape recorder and try to get him to repeat his asshole words while you grin as he talks his way out of being a professor at that university

yourmurderscenex 13

my english teacher tried to pull that shit on me.

bizarre_ftw 21

And you got him fired/suspended/put on probation right?

I saw it happen to someone right in front of me, at the very end of the school year when the girl was RIGHT on the pass/fail line. Ended up failing. Teacher got fired for something else couple years later though

24, Sounds like with the quality of her work it wouldn't matter too much either way what the result was.

bizarre_ftw 21

48 - read all the comments pertaining to the general opinion of the teacher, now take a good long look at yourself, the comments denounce the teacher for his actions which stem from his outlook on the situation, you appear to have the same outlook, therefore these comments can describe you too. Your welcome for opening your eyes to your own faults, now shut up! Every student has the right to at least Try to pass a class, you don't know her work was necessarily bad, maybe she had shit going on in her life that affected it early on, but toward the end she tried to make a come back. Who knows, maybe if her teacher wasn't a douche she would've passed, so you really can't say that it wouldn't've matter or in any way make an argument that puts the teacher in the right, and you should really stop being an asshole.

bizarre_ftw 21

Report him to the Dean, he may be your professor but legally he's not allowed to do that and you're paying way too much for some bitchy little washout to give you shit like that

quite_bored 9

Yeah, I remember the Essay Laws of 1999 like they were yesterday.

jayellef 3

Your teacher graded you a zero because it wasn't turned in, yet he remembers it to be a shit. So clearly he remembers you turning it in. If it was a horrible paper you deserve at least 50% for doing it. Some points are better than none, which he graded you for. His logic doesn't make sense. Call him out on it.

Teacher said he lost it. He didn't say op never turned it in

desireev 17

But if the professor remembers losing it, then he should remember receiving it before he lost it..

quite_bored 9

Maybe OP misunderstood and thought the professor lost it because she got a 0 and he was giving her a chance to make it up. That would explain how he knew a "lost" essay was terrible.

Yeah but it still isn't right for OP to get a 0 in this situation since it's the professor's fault the paper got lost

nobody deserves "at least 50% for doing it" shit work is worth as little as less than nothing

I would talk to the principle about it. A teacher can't blame the student with a zero when he was the one who lost it. I hope you can get the grade back, FYL.

Ask him if he could find it if the dean knew he asked you to blow him. Hardball goes both ways.

Think an appeal might be in order for that one. That's just not right.

Would you rather get a 0 because A) he lost it and he THINKS it was shit or B) because your work actually WAS shit? I think you'd probably rather take the 0 than confirm that you're an idiot.

33 when was the last time you went to school? Curiosity

Depends what you mean by "went to school". If you mean the last time I went to a school, that would be a few weeks ago for parent-teacher conferences. If you mean the last time I was enrolled in school, let's just say I graduated high school before you were born.

cooLING 0

A zero does affect someone's grade. I'd rather get 30 % than nothing. He doesn't sound like the type of professor to give extra credit or care to actually help a student during office hours instead of passing on the duties to a TA. We all write shitty papers/ homeworks once in a while.

#37, you obviously havent been on fml very long, considering you address the almighty Docbastard as "33". Repent! Or burn in hell for this sin!

n_epic_fail 14

Even if his work WAS shit, turning it in gets him some points. Some are better than none. You either lucked out with your professors and didn't get ass holes or, your age has caused you to forget that ordeal.

If OP rewrites it then the teacher could grade it and give pointers on how to improve his paper.Though he doesn't really sound like the type to care.... But it is his job to teach! . OP- sorry your teacher is a dick!

Thats fair DOC, im going to take a wild guess, mid 80's? 10 years of college? Been a doctor for 10-15 years? Im just guessing here

brookig 10

Attending school before he was born doesn't automatically make you a genius you moron!!! And if High School is the Last school you attended, then apparently you have no college education and thus have no ability to sympathize w OP's situation. Therefore you have no right to comment!

drizzle123 1