By nothesisforme - 11/03/2015 14:01 - France

Today, I asked my professor for his opinion on the subject I plan to study in my thesis. Turns out, he likes it so much that he's going to steal it from me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 981
You deserved it 2 953

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't have anything witty to say, that just sucks. I'd report him to the higher-ups.

bethers_ 22

This happened to my roommate when she started her PhD! It took her an extra 8 months to find another lab after the experience. You need to report that professor for stealing your idea. Don't let the same thing happen to you.

Comments

So he basically said he would commit plagiarism? He's a professor, he should know better than that.

correct me if im wrong. i am very sure that ideas cannot be Patented so it can be plagiarized. So unless you record on how you get around to the idea, i dont think reporting would do any good. still, your professor is so sly to do that in front of you.

That's just embarrassing and childish of him..

Maybe you should have lied and said it was about something kinda dull.

He cant steal it from you. If anything both your names will be on the thesis.

He can't do that, report it to the people who are above him!

GrapeJuice67 17

Only one option: Kill him. Make sure you consolidate all your research and your thesis, and the very next day, go to his higher up and report him. It might be hard to prove, since it was all verbal, but if you've got copies of the Thesis prove that you wrote it.