By sad_panda - 26/06/2009 19:48 - United States

Today, I asked my mother if we could test me for OCD, since so many people have suggested to me that I might have it. She smiles at me and says, "No, honey, you're just really really weird." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 227
You deserved it 6 952

Same thing different taste

Top comments

anniemeece 23

I dunno, I don't think this really counts as an FYL or a YDI. It's just kinda like a.. I'm sorry? I mean, my mom calls me weird all the time. So what?

Uhh, my mom calls me weird too...? It's not really a bad thing. OP is too sensitive.

Comments

I think we all have a little OCD inside...

carmakitten 0

So? My mom calls me weird, that's not a big deal, suck it up. Everyone is a bit ocd, but you would KNOW if you were, I thought I was then I met someone with real ocd, no way am I. How do you even expect them to 'test' it? 'do you mind germs?' Ugh.

Everyone has their own obsessions and/or compulsions. ( :

yeah there is no way to get tested for it. i am diagnosed with OCD and its really just for the doctor to determine based on what you tell them. there is no yes or no test

gypsyzambie 2

maybe you're a hypochondriac (sp?) or maybe you're just a zambie.

WFMS 0

you should of said back, and your really really a bad mom. jk one time i told my mom that i feel like a retart and she said well you look like a retart.

it's "retard" with a D in it, honey.

14hourss 0

My mom calls me weird too. It's nothing to be ashamed of, but maybe you should get tested for OCD because I hear it can be dangourous at times.

Siren_00 0

Truthfully, if you are tested for it and do have it, it doesn't make much difference. OCD is a very tricky thing to treat; I should know. Unless it's seriously disrupting your life, then there's not much point. (IMO)

AngryC4t 0

There's no such thing as OCD.

ellbtvsvm 0

...eeh...what? lol of course there is.

yes there is. OCD is caused by an imbalance of the neurotransmitter called serotonin. i hate when people try to belittle our condition.

sweetbabysweet93 10

I have OCD (it's not professionally diagnosed), but I show almost, if not, all signs of having OCD. Such as pen colours, patterns, numbers, even/straight things, having to touch both sides of my body (like it can't just touch one), having compulsive thoughts (not by choice) enter my mind (such as sexual or violent), not stepping on cracks, having to do something a certain amount of times, etc. Then trying to ignore certain emotions by going neutral or just happy.. Basically, things that interrupt my life. Having to make time to do these things. Everyone thinks I have OCD, except my grandmother. She thinks I'm completely fine and making it all up... People always say they have OCD and if around me they then tell me, "Oh sorry." As if they feel bad for saying they have OCD.. Everyone has their obsessions and/or compulsions, so in a way, everyone has OCD. Just everyone has different levels of it, some worse than others. @ OP: You can go get diagnosed yourself. No need to ask your Mom. Go ask your doctor, book an appointment yourself. He can give you a test for it. In all honesty, I'm afraid of getting diagnosed myself because I don't want to take medication. It tends to have side effects on people... Like major mood swings and such. Not something I want.

Was I talking to you? I was sympathizing with the OP.

Get lost, asshole. This person is under a lot of pain and duress. OCD is very real....However, seeing you're a "vampirate", I take it you're not a fan of reality.

nikki1001 0

I'm on medication for OCD/depression/anxiety. No mood swings here. That's the point of medication. And for OCD, it makes a HUGE difference. But anyway, I have severe OCD as well and everyone knew, even my bf when we had only been together 2 months, and my roommates at college, when we had only lived together for 4 months. My mom, however, didn't "know" for 20 years. I think she still denies it, even though I have been professionally diagnosed. She just says I have "quirks" and it's kind of frustrating. OP: If your life is being affected by your obsessions/compulsions, then do something about it regardless of what your mom says. I had to wait 18 years, when I've had it for as long as I can remember, and it only got worse until I was finally put on meds. It does wonders.

Oh.. I always thought medication changed the person.. emotionally. What exactly does it do?

Medictation is taken to better control the chemicals in your brain when there is a decrease of certain chemicals or neurotransmitters in the brain that are responsible for your mood, along with other things.

i dont know how you can say you have "all the signs of OCD." there are no set signs. every persons OCD is different. you seem weird to me for being so adamant that you have OCD when you just self-diagnosed. i have actual doctor diagnosed OCD and take meds for it...

ChasinParkedCars 0

Parents have a knack for denial when it comes to their kids' mental health problems. I hope the OP is able to get assessed without his/her mom's permission.

ghembob 2

That really sucks. My mom's reaction to my suspicions of having bi-polar were very similar. "There's nothing wrong with you, you're just a moody little bitch."