By dez - 16/10/2016 05:05 - United States - Louisville

Today, I asked a customer to send me via e-mail the image he wanted me to print. He said, "I don't have an email, I have a Gmail." FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 570
You deserved it 1 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

feme_fatale 19

"Oh of course, just send an electronic message and electronically mail us the image via your gmail. Thank goodness we have gmail instead of email now!"

I'm glad gmail took over email, that stuff was hard. Gmail is just so easy to use!

Comments

bl3ur0z3 17

Thus makes it on to FML. I lose a tire while driving 85 mph 600 miles from home and 500 miles from my destination and that's not interesting enough. But this moment is bad enough to get on FML.

Tell him there's a data processing upcharge for Gmail and pocket it. You can't cure stupid, but you can profit from it.

How exactly is getting fired profiting?

Maybe my standards are a bit high, but how does someone else confusing a bit of tech info constitute an Fyl? This site is full of stories of robberies, broken bones, and jilted lovers, and your trauma is that someone thought that gmail and email aren't basically the same thing?!?! Soft, man, soft.

I think the issue is that he had to be around someone that stupid. I do agree that there are FMLs with deeper issues, but dealing with stupid is a kind of suffering, too. Also telling someone that their problems aren't bad enough to be on here is kind of uncool. You don't get to tell people what they can and can't complain about, champ.

That is so Texas! I knew you were from there before I looked. Sadly, the rest of America and the world don't get the Texas meaning of "bless his/her heart."

Anyone else in the South gets it. As a proud Carolinian, my friends and I use that phrase abundantly.

This is EXACTLY the sort of thing my father says. It always irritates me.

Being at least 20 years younger then all of my other coworkers I feel your pain!

The exact same thing happened to me the other day!

ShortieRose 30

I used to work in a hotel restaurant, and when I had to answer phones (I was the chef, so would answer calls before waitstaff came in) I used to get questions like "what time do the falls get turned off?". I used to answer them with an explanation about how it's a natural waterfall and there is no valve... then I got it so often I would tell them that it was at 10pm and an awesome sight.