By Tattoo_Freak - 14/08/2015 11:08 - South Africa - Roodepoort

Today, I am 1,000 days sober and drug-free. I suffer from depression and I am craving terribly. I have a migraine and a bladder infection. And I can deal with all of this. But what I can't deal with is my dipshit coworker asking if I want to go out for drinks and snort cocaine to celebrate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 074
You deserved it 2 449

Tattoo_Freak tells us more.

Tattoo_Freak 15

OP here. Thank you guys and girls for all this amazing support! I am truly humbled. #17, I have read and re-read your message. Thank you so very much. #108, Congratulations to your mom! It is always great to hear of other people's success. #134, 49 days and going strong. Well done! Take it one day at a time. To everyone I haven't mentioned, please know that I have read all of your comments, and I will continue to read them every day. It is support like this that keeps me going during the difficult and dark times.

Top comments

I think your coworker took the "share a coke with" advertisement a bit too literally.

Wow, that sucks. Your coworker sounds really inconsiderate. Sorry OP

Comments

Congratulations op on getting clean! I've been clean for nearly a year after years of addiction to some hard stuff and have suffered some major health problems because of it,I hope you feel better and stay strong,your coworker is stupid

good job on the 1,000 days :). I just reached a year and a half sober, I know the feelings of it being hard and wanting to go back to it.. But the feeling of accomplishment is great. keep it up OP :).

Whenever you're struggling with cravings it's good to remind yourself why you're doing this. I find it reaffirms my decisions and strengthens my resolve. Going back to binge drinking and eating awful food (for me) I know is just going to make me feel worse and undo my hard work of handling my depression and weight gain. Always remember you're doing the right thing by your mind and body and and if you haven't been to a therapist, it's a good idea so you can learn some coping strategies in your lower times. Best of luck OP and stay strong!

Whoa! Way to go, OP! Don't ever let anybody influence you; you've made a tremendous effort to better yourself and your life and you're doing fabulous. Stay strong!! You've got this!

Congratulations OP! You rock! Sorry about everything piling on right now. Too bad there isn't a 12 step group for dealing with asshat coworkers.

Stay strong! (Like others have said, maybe anonymously suggest drug tests ;])

Yeah, a drug test would be perfect. You never know if they are playing around about doing cocaine or actually serious. Never hurts to check

The only problem is that cocaine leaves your system fairly frequently. So it might not even show up if it's been a couple days!

Sounds like your coworker knows how to party OP. 1000 miserable days are not worth a long life of health.

Cocain will fix those problems believe me I'm a deadbeat

Geckosrock99 33

I just imagined someone blocking someone in real life. XD