By Tattoo_Freak - 14/08/2015 11:08 - South Africa - Roodepoort

Today, I am 1,000 days sober and drug-free. I suffer from depression and I am craving terribly. I have a migraine and a bladder infection. And I can deal with all of this. But what I can't deal with is my dipshit coworker asking if I want to go out for drinks and snort cocaine to celebrate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 074
You deserved it 2 449

Tattoo_Freak tells us more.

Tattoo_Freak 15

OP here. Thank you guys and girls for all this amazing support! I am truly humbled. #17, I have read and re-read your message. Thank you so very much. #108, Congratulations to your mom! It is always great to hear of other people's success. #134, 49 days and going strong. Well done! Take it one day at a time. To everyone I haven't mentioned, please know that I have read all of your comments, and I will continue to read them every day. It is support like this that keeps me going during the difficult and dark times.

Top comments

I think your coworker took the "share a coke with" advertisement a bit too literally.

Wow, that sucks. Your coworker sounds really inconsiderate. Sorry OP

Comments

just say no thanks. if he wants to be an asshole then let him know to **** off.

stay strong my friend, you will be in my prayers .

yikes. good luck. I look foward to his possible fml of being punched in the face for being a dipshit

Are they trying to get you to relapse? Good job though OP stay strong

Look your coworker in the face and tell her/him that it's not funny, and you don't appreciate it. She is making light probably because she thinks sobriety means you never have thoughts of going back. When she realizes that it's always going to be serious for you, she'll back off, if she is a decent person.

JohnTheDonJuan 11

Well look at you, jumping to conclusions about genders and shit...

Well 79, the FML was submitted by a woman so people would naturally assume the co worker is a 'friend' who is most likely a woman as well.

People say "he" all the time. Why not say "she"? With that, I'll ask you to reread the first sentence of my earlier comment.

Good for you, OP! Stay strong and do what you can to avoid Mr. Dipshit!

"Dipshit" sounds too nice for your co-worker OP

Wow, 1000 days, that's something to be proud of OP! Don't let your coworker ruin it for you. Maybe you should have a serious conversation with him/her about how and why it's really not okay for them to do that.

Congratulations on the 1000 days OP! Keep going for many more thousands. Take care of your health, and when you're feeling better, you can celebrate with a dessert, a movie night, a day at the beach, or whatever else you like. :)

Good on ya for going 1000 days. I've never been through but it's gotta be tough. Keep going - you were strong enough to get this far, you're certain strong enough to get further.