By toeloezz - 26/09/2016 18:02 - Netherlands

Today, during a regular checkup at the dentist, I got a wisdom tooth pulled out which resulted in me looking like a fat hamster. Tomorrow is my first day as an English teacher in high school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 064
You deserved it 1 267

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell them your name is Miss Hampton and do the Hamster Dance for the entire class period. Add that your curriculum is rodent based: Of Mice and Men, Rabbit, Run, etc.

I hope this doesn't affect your pronunciation!

Comments

Please introduce yourself as Sandy from Texas. And do the accent. Please?

Why didn't you just reschedule the appointment, that's what I had to do because you should give yourself a few days to rest. Good luck OP!

suck it up whiner.... at 15 i had all 4 pulled at once..in school the next day... oh . 10 years ago.. bad car wreck.. consider a full mouth extraction and replacment in one day... and walk out... hell i think my 3 year old son my not only have bigger balls.. but more testosterone too...btw... im not even 40....

I know how hard it is, we students are assholes sometimes. I Hope they treated you well. Sadly, many Dutch teachers on High schools aren't respected that well.

At least you can relate to your students :) most of them are getting theirs out too.

take ibuprofen and hold a ice pack to the swelling. should help the swelling go down

Idontevenknowwhattoput 4

Do a dramatic entrance and recite a few stanzas of Beowulf in their original text. Embrace the weird. Plus they will be in such a state of confusion they probably wont even notice. Then soak in their faces of confusion and total cluelessness as you realize you are now a true English teacher. Gl op! Happy first day of being awesome!