By ribx - 17/11/2016 11:24 - New Zealand - Hamilton

Today, despite feeling healthier than ever, losing fat, gaining muscle and having perfect blood results, my morbidly obese relatives keep telling me that my new vegan diet is "unhealthy". FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 770
You deserved it 1 455

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm about as far from vegan as is possible, and I'm 100% on your side. If it works for you, it works for you. End of discussion. Ignore them, eat your soy, and enjoy your health.

It's their lives that suck. Way to be healthy!

Comments

ignore them op! congrats on getting healthier and I hope you achieve your goal and adjust well to this new lifestyle

I'd like to tell you they'll get used to it, but... nope. You'll probably get rude comments forever.

Keep it up, OP! Ignore the clueless haters. You're saving your health, the animals, and the environment at the same time.

Just ignore them, not like there words are going to affect your workout

my2centsworth 15

Please don't let your relatives discourage you from continuing on your path to good health.

You're getting the results you want, right? Don't let the judgement of someone who's not in the best situation get to you. If it's working and you're healthy, do it. Do you.

"But where do you get your protein????"

Where do cows get their protein from? Since you like eating em. Plants of course.

One_In_Three 24

"Where do you get your vitamins????"

People fear change. I've been asked to cease partaking honey cause it comes from animals ?. Honestly being able to wake up feeling energized daily is way more better than feeling like a truck ran over you due to consistent consumption of meat & meat products.

Well, it is. We're omnivores, so we need a certain amount of protein that meat gives us. They're not allowed to say that, though, cause they're morbidly obese and clearly need to eat less sugar and fat. A vegan diet gives you the proper amount of sugar and the correct fat content, if you carefully monitor your intake and supplement with iron as needed.

You really don't need that much protein, the amount of protein in beans, nuts, and veggies is more than enough. And there have been studies on iron too. Turns out that vegans and vegetarians do have lower stores of iron, but their bodies have adapted and they are able to live healthily this way. Just like with any diet, if you pay attention to what you're eating, you'll be fine.

Attacksloth 33

We need a complete protein profile - it doesn't matter where that comes from. Vegans can get that through legumes and brown rice, and a number of other combinations.

Do you not know that certain plants contain protein right and if you balance your diet correctly you can get the right amount you need, also I've got the same iron content I had before I was vegan now months after I started so also not sure where you got that we'd have a lower count?

You can't get B12 without getting into synthetic supplementation. Veganism is impossible in nature, only synthetic chemicals keep you alive.

#78 vitamin B12 is a bacterium found in dirt. It used to linger on the plants that grew in the dirt, which is how humans got it. However, our levels of hygiene are so high that this can't happen anymore. Farmed animals are given B12 supplements nowadays - so why don't we just eat the supplement straight up?

Honestly you just have to ignore them. You should be very proud of yourself for making the choice to get healthy. You have to do what's best for you not them!