By meggs2209 - 12/01/2012 20:06 - United States

Today, Dell's tech support called to tell me that the laptop I sent to them was going to cost an extra $300 to fix, because of the shattered screen. When I mailed my laptop to them, the touchpad wasn't working. The screen was fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 919
You deserved it 2 947

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So many things wrong with Dell. I think I'll add this to my list of reasons.

Comments

ManicGypsy 22

I know from experience that when you send a laptop into Dell for repair, they send you a special box to ship it in to avoid damaging it. Perhaps OP got in too big a hurry and shipped it out in his own, not-as-special box? All I know is they replaced my screen free when it got messed up, and I was only out a computer for a couple days. :)

BulletCatcher12 0
TheyCallMeDamien 17

Make a formal complaint to the company that shipped it and demand reimbursement. However if you sent through the regular postal service without insurance well....

They do this kind of shut to get more money out of you. They probably had someone drop it on purpose

megotswag 0

On a separate note and just to add to the comments about Dells- I've never had any other laptop than a Dell and I'm extremely satisfied, especially with my latest one.

Same here. I've had mine for years with no problems.

jen_h8119 4

FEDEX has been caught just tossing packages onto porches, over fences, tossing them around in the truck, etc... But I'm sure other companies do the same thing and just haven't been caught yet including the post office... As far as Dell computers go, I don't like them. I've owned about 8 different Dell PC's and had problems with all of them. The Army base that I live on just got rid of all their Dell computers because Dell tech support wouldn't come fix them or help them over the phone either. And Dell's customer service went to shit.

The more likely case is you packaged it wrong.

You deserved it. It's a Dell. I remember when I ordered a desktop and they built it with incompatible parts.