By meggs2209 - 12/01/2012 20:06 - United States

Today, Dell's tech support called to tell me that the laptop I sent to them was going to cost an extra $300 to fix, because of the shattered screen. When I mailed my laptop to them, the touchpad wasn't working. The screen was fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 919
You deserved it 2 947

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So many things wrong with Dell. I think I'll add this to my list of reasons.

Comments

BellaMarta 19

I bet the FedEX guy chucked your computer over the fence.

Dell sucks. They scam people all the time.

A7X_LoVeee 10

Dell's shit. I had a bad experience with them and will NEVER buy any of their products. I suggest you do the same, otherwise you're guaranteed problems.

Well, depending on how you wrapped and packaged it... you may just have deserved it...

I have a computer that is the digital equivalent of Frankenstein. Built from 15$ worth of spare Win98 parts at a yardsale, running win XP. 40Gb Hd, 256Mb ram. I also have two netbooks. A Dell, and an Acer. My dad has a brand new Dell. His wife has a Toshiba. Guess which of those 5 computer runs the best. That's right, ole Frankie, is superior to any of the professionally built models. Oh, and I've never once been told what wires connect where, I just plugged shit in and it worked.

Show off! So, how much do you charge :-p

Wait, how does that make any sense? The 40GB HDD and the 256 RAM speaks for itself, laptops nowadays have at least 2 gigs of RAM and at least a 100GB hard drive. I'm assuming the CPU is old as hell, too. Your Frankenstein computer must be a miracle if it runs faster than modern Dell & Toshiba laptops with those specs.

MrBoredomioo 18

that's because you have netbooks, if you had decent manufacturer PCs, Frankie would make you laugh

Next time, watch YouTube videos, and google how to fix (insert broken/non-working thing here) and order the part you need for a FRACTION of the cost, and fix it yourself. My laptop screen broke, within warranty, and I paid $70 to fix the screen myself, a year later, instead of the $500 they said would cost to fix it.

I bought an Alienware right after Dell took over, and it is the biggest piece of feces money can buy. However, my ol' e1505 Inspiron from Dell is still working great. Now on topic. If your computer is under warranty, and it has hardware replacement, they need to replace your screen, shipping fault or no. If they do not, threaten to report to the BBB (better business bureau). I had to go that route with my poop computer mentioned above. Good luck, OP

YDI for getting a Dell in the first place!!