By Anonymous - 09/06/2013 16:50 - Bangladesh - Dhaka

Today, days after I broke up with my girlfriend, my dad tried to make her feel better by inviting her to our family BBQ next weekend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 725
You deserved it 5 513

Same thing different taste

Top comments

knoxxx 22

I can't imagine why she would even want to go.

I can already feel the awkward. Good luck, OP.

Comments

kim_larsa 5

Show up with a boyfriend. This would be an excellent twist!

Why would OP turn up with a boyfriend, he broke up with his girlfriend, he does not state he is gay.

spartangrl 6

obviously it was meant to suggest posing as a gay to make the dad back off....

Probably regretting breaking up with her over the phone right about now.

Over a voicemail, on her birthday, while there's a ton of people in her house for a surprise party for her... Hopefully she doesn't know Krav Maga.

I can't imagine how this would be a good thing to do, she might get the idea that you two may still have a chance at being together.

I have a feeling your dad liked your girldriend..like the daughter he never had

imtooshy 18

Jees, who's side is your dad on. Talk about an uncomfortable situation. I look forward to your next fml post after the BBQ.

I can just smell the awkwardness that will soon be flowing out of both of you guys like hot air. Hopefully she's not dumb enough to come anyway.

What does awkwardness smell like exactly?

BellaBelle_fml 23

After realizing how inappropriate your Dad can be, she is probably feeling better about the breakup. Mission accomplished, Dad.

Just think of how bad this would be if she dumped you...

She'll bring her dad along and he'll bring a shotgun...