By 123literateABC - 04/11/2015 03:10 - United States - Grand Haven

Today, at work, the janitor would not stop telling me how good I looked. This was after he told me he was fired for sexual harassment at his last job. He clearly learned that lesson. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 520
You deserved it 1 546

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like he failed to clean up his act.

Steve95401 49

Sounds like he won't be a lifer at this job either.

Comments

Sounds like he failed to clean up his act.

I doubt they'll sweep his actions under the rug.

Steve95401 49

Sounds like he won't be a lifer at this job either.

It didn't specify WHAT kind of things he was saying. It just said he said she looked good. Maybe he said it in a very sexual way that made her uncomfortable

Let him know there is no such thing as a limit of times you can be fired for sexual harassment. My guess is he'll stop, OP ;)

Because if it makes the other person feel Uncomfortable, how you intended it does. not. matter. you caused them discomfort and you need to deal with the consequences of your actions.

There's a difference between Telling someone how good they look and sexual harassment

"You look pretty today." "You are an attractive woman." Not sexual harrasment. You day thanks and be done. "You look good!" or some form there of.

But when you keep telling them they look good every time you see them... it begins to cross that line.

A lot of it isn't that people don't want the compliments, they just don't want them from that person who they consider below their standard. It's like fishing, you put on your lure, cast, and next thing you know you got a bastard sand shark on the line, now you gotta deal with that because cutting your line is a total dick move and you only eat fancy fish. You catch 3 sand sharks in a row, then very likely that third needs to be punished.

8, Then anybody could just say that anything someone said made them uncomfortable, and get people fired just because they don't like them. I agree there needs to be a definite line, I don't think just off-handedly saying "you look good today" should be taken as sexual harassment, but based on how OP said the janitor would not stop saying it, I think it could be taken that way.