By Lifes_overated - 23/09/2009 14:10 - Australia

Today, at a bus stop my friend told me that he loved me. I, reacting on impulse, told him how long I've wanted to hear him say that, and kissed him. Then I realised the look on his face. Turns out he'd said 'I need new shoes' not 'I love you.' FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 056
You deserved it 48 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Conkers 0

Buy him new shoes, then he'll love you too?

How on Earth did you manage to get those mixed up? o_O

Comments

swimmin234 0

how did u get those mixed up wtf get a hearing aid hahaloser... i wonder how ur friend feels

muffinsareyummy 1

how do you get "i love you" out of "i need new shoes"? i just repeated the two words about 20 times and they don't sound similar.

So if you loved him back how come you didn't say anything in the first place? COME ON MAN UP. It's awkward and embarassing as hell, but it's better than keeping it hidden forever.

Sounds like you were listening to your iPod while he said this. That or you are totally desperate and heard what you wanted to hear.

RubixMonkey 0

I looked in the mirror when I said it, if OP is deaf then perhaps she sucks at reading lips. That is the only way I could see this being a mix up. Do you sign OP?

starchild21: there are two different times. one time where he mouths **** you and claims he said vaccum. and as mentioned he mouths I love you and claims he said olive juice.

pmk138 0

I kind of believe plexico's example almost as much as this lol. yes it is possible but highly unlikely to mix it up. also at whoever said she may be deaf that is highly unlikely cause she said she realized he said he needed new shoes meaning she probably heard it but didn't comprehend it yet cause she was thinking about how much she loved him. also #68 and #69 made me almost get yelled a for waking my sister up cause I laughed so hard. also please excuse any spelling mistakes as I am still getting used to my new smart phone keyboard I I masw any at all that is cause it is sometimes hard for me to see them all.

RubixMonkey 0

The deaf thing was a joke. It was the only way I could figure out this working. And plexico makes me giggle a lot.