By the only sober one - 15/05/2013 06:21 - United States - San Diego

Today, as usual, my mom got shitfaced and started berating me for something. This time, it was for missing a therapy appointment. Not only am I unable to drive, it was her appointment. For her alcoholism. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 923
You deserved it 2 803

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd think it's time to hide all the bottles...

I guess she lives by the term "I'm a drunk, alcoholics go to meetings".

Comments

my_name_is_earl 9

TAAAAAAAXXXXXIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She needs help. Now. Do yourself a favour and never get in a car with her.

pastispast 7

at least she trying to fix her problem

Sweetpea22 14

She's not trying at all. If she was trying, she wouldn't have got drunk.

OscarDV 8

lol, the first sentence was hilarious when I read it as breastfeeding

Sooo... The AA isn't working? Try not to take it at face-value. Despite common belief, the things that people say while drunk are not how they really feel. I'm not going to condone alcoholism, but it is a serious problem and is a very hard addiction to get over. Support your mother in her efforts (whenever she does make them, anyway) and show her that she does have someone she can reach out to when she needs it. Best of luck!

No where in here did it mention she was going to AA. Learn to read moron.

Sweetpea22 14

Gee...#26 If only AA stood for Alcoholics anonymous and they did therapy sessions there. *Sarcasm*

#40: Yes, AA stands for Alcoholics Anonymous, but the OP did not mention AA, just a 'therapy' appointment. It could be AA, but could just as likely, if not more so, not be. Learn to read before you berate others.

It's kinda sad when kids have to be responsible for their parents. Still, try get her help and maybe you can also talk to the therapist to see what you're able to do, and get help coping yourself.

Hassasin 3

I feel for you. But she needs your support during this time. Hang in there girl :)

UnluckyGenius 21

Maybe record her rants then play them back for her when she is sober.

Or she could send them into the media like David Hasselhoff's little witch of a daughter.

UnluckyGenius 21

That was just bad, at least the Germans love him.

33: How does that make the daughter a witch? If parents choose to set that kind of example for their kids, they should be prepared to be called on it.

Get ready. After a few therapy appointments, she'll blame you for her drinking problems and that she was never loved by her parents. Be strong while she goes through the motions.

perdix 29

On the plus side, during her alcohol-fueled haze, she probably did more wacky antics to entertain the therapist when she does actually show up for an appointment.