By Fish Breath - 03/06/2016 22:26 - United States - Bloomington

Today, as part of my job at a pet store, I helped our frat house president pick out goldfish for the new aquarium the big brothers are installing over summer break. And, once I'm initiated, I'll get to swallow one of the fish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 029
You deserved it 4 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's absolutely gross and mean. Frats are awful.

Thats terrible. Why would you even want to do that?

Comments

This is a big part of why I don't get people joining frats. Why the **** would you want to shit like that? It's college, if you like to party you can find tons of them without being in a frat.

ViviMage 38

Goldfish are really dirty creatures and some have suggested not to use feeder goldfish for pets who eat live fish! Too many parasites in them. Don't use catfish either, they have poisonous barbs.

That's technically hazing, and therefore illegal. Report it to the school officials, and stay out of that fraternity. This is why I hate fraternities and sororities... *shudder*

Ah, don't pass judgment about all of them! There are Greek organizations that sick to the anti-hazing rules. You just don't hear about us because we don't do stupid shit like this that gets us in trouble. An organization with hazing is not worth joining.

I had a friend who ate a live goldfish for a bet with his brother .. He said it wasn't bad and he'd do it again (for another $25).

ourtneyc 14

dude that's ****** up **** initiations

sw2f2fchik612 12

You're getting yourself into this situation, 100% YDI. Also, you're an ass.

I agree that you should probably quit. If you work at a pet store, I assume you like animals. If you're going to swallow a live fish, maybe reconsider your job. Why would you even sell them to people you know are going to abuse them? What kind of maniac is okay with this sort of thing?

No offense, but you're a terrible person

YDI for trying to fit into the "cool" crowd. Decent human beings don't make you do something that sick/wrong/unsanitary just to call you 'brother'. Evaluate your life choices. You're making a wrong one here.

lordgimp 6

That's hazing. Pretty illegal in every state in the US. Talk to the president. Inform him that he can either let you in now, with no ritual or initiation, or you can tell the Dean about his plans and have the frat removed from the school. Blackmail begets blackmail.