By Anonymous - 11/06/2013 04:12 - Canada - Kingston

Today, as I was walking home, I saw an ambulance pull into my driveway with its sirens blaring. Thinking it could be for my sick father, I started frantically sprinting. I managed to trip on my pant-leg, twisting my ankle in the process. They were just turning around in my driveway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 971
You deserved it 4 730

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry op, that must have been alarming. I care for an ill family member, seeing an ambulance at my house would terrify me. I hope they at least took a look at your leg. :)

Good on you for caring about your father. You're a good son /daughter.

Comments

I hate those moments when you run for something, but it's not what you expected. But you get hurt, sorry OP.

That's good that you care about your father.

Glad it wasn't your father:) Sometime I wish I could individually punch the people who click YDI for these kinds of stories.

TheDrifter 23

Just so you know who to swing at, I ydi'd this story just because OP was wearing pants saggy enough to trip on. He's not a 90s gangsta rapper and needs to learn how to size clothing.

hooligyn123 18

I don't wear baggy clothing but in a hurried sprint have caught my the toe of my shoe on my opposite pant leg and tripped. last time this happened I was wearing black work slacks and responding to an unconscious child incident. In a frenzied sprint, you can trip on a pant leg without dressing like an idiot.

I'm so glad someone had a valid story to share about how this could happen to anyone. Thanks #36, and whoever YDI's this based on dress code alone should chill out.

Maybe he was wearing sweatpants. Hmmmm...what a concept!

I hate that sick feeling you get when you think something is wrong... hope you're okay, and hope your father gets better x

is it even legal to turn round in someone's driveway? as many people have said, at least it wasn't your dad in trouble

Technically no it isn't legal. And since it was a federal vehicle, it becomes a felony

hooligyn123 18

Ambulances kinda get special exception to road laws. I'm sure if you were in the back of that bus you would want them to do whatever gets you to the hospital quickest.

that's true, i was just wondering if it's obstruction of private property. but then again it's an emergency vehicle so i suppose it would be the same as running a red light. that's the last time i comment without my morning cup of tea *hangs head in shame*

#31 - You're an idiot. Source: Paramedic

19 - I think you may actually have been right had the sirens not been blaring, as was stated. It probably is completely illegal if they're not headed to or from an emergency.

And what is it then, trespassing? You think there's ever been charges brought up against an ambulance for turning around in a driveway? Because I do it every shift. EVERY shift. We have laws to follow but none nearly as stupid as that.

CharresBarkrey 15

It's damn near impossible to turn around in some neighborhoods without using a driveway. Especially mine. You'd have to make like a 17-point turn. It's stupid to think it's illegal.

Well at least it wasn't for the worst with your father. I hope he gets better soon.

perdix 29

Call an ambulance! No, . . . wait!

k_lylepad 19

Your heart was in the right place.

Sorry OP... In this case, it's the thought that counts...