By desperate - 05/10/2012 09:47 - Malta - Paola

Today, as an introduction to the history of China, I asked my APA World History class to write a 500 word essay on a historical Chinese person. Out of a class of 18, five of them were about Mulan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 032
You deserved it 5 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I bet a lot of them were about Jackie Chan as well

See, I would have been more creative... Mine would have been about Mushu.

Comments

antixx101 0

Awe come on now!! You know Mulan was a fantastic chinese role model!! I mean it could have been worse! You didn't get any essays about nihow kihlan (sp?) did you?!

You do know that Mulan IS actually a real human being who had existed and not just a Disney character, right ?

Shindig1 0

Lol figures. Brainwashed Americans.

99: really?" And that's all I gotta say about that" in (Forest Gump voice)

Your students are still dumb, but the movie was based on an old poem.

99: I know. Noor used to joke that everyone thought she was a nun because they didn't know what her hijab was. Also, I'm pretty sure her husband is fictional.

If I wasn't Chinese I'd struggle. Mao? A few Emperors and empresses but in fairness learnt from period dramas. Sun Tsu? I memorised the Mulan poem when I was about ten. Depending how big your class is, it's not surprising so many were about Mulan.

superLEXsunshine 3

I find this perfectly acceptable.

EmiiLikesSugar 1

if you live in china, then how aren't you restricted from using social networking?

This whole thread deserves to get bitch slapped, starting with you, Noor. I dare say the thumbs down you got are well-deserved. I make as many off-colour jokes as anyone else and my skin is as thick as anyone else's, but even I found your comment to be racist and offensive, despite its intensional sarcasm. I think I speak for a lot of folks here when I say I've come to expect better.