By desperate - 05/10/2012 09:47 - Malta - Paola

Today, as an introduction to the history of China, I asked my APA World History class to write a 500 word essay on a historical Chinese person. Out of a class of 18, five of them were about Mulan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 032
You deserved it 5 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I bet a lot of them were about Jackie Chan as well

See, I would have been more creative... Mine would have been about Mushu.

Comments

Perhaps you should, Noor. Jk, jk. Anyway, if it's any consolation, I thought your comment was pretty funny...but maybe that just means I should be embarrassed too.

Mulan isn't just a Disney movie. It's a very old Chinese tale. If you didn't know that, maybe you shouldn't be teaching.

The keyword being 'tale'. The topic was historical person, not legendary person.

loserboii 11

If you want you can write about how women weren't allowed to fight; equality and all that.

FireFlie07 20

That's just sad. Where did they get there sources? From "Once Upon A Time."?

...Hua Mulan was a real person. She lived in China during the Northern Wei dynasty, and the "Mulan" we know today is based on a poem/book that was written about her exploits.

sugarshane007 20

Yup, because we all know Disney movies are historically accurate!

Wouldthe story of Kung fu panda be an acceptable essay?if so that's what I would write.

After all these comments, you still think she is fictional... Yeah, what is the society coming to?

Nabee143 3

Wow Noor! I can't believe that you would write something so disrespectful like that. That was extremely rude and ignorant. I have lost all respect for you.