By aaaaahhhh - 06/04/2013 08:51 - Australia - Chatswood

Today, as a learner driver, I embarked on my longest drive ever: back home, from Sydney to Melbourne, which is around a 700km drive. I managed to get the whole way without any problems. I crashed into my driveway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 838
You deserved it 7 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

Be glad it wasn't on the motorway and it wasn't serious...

Comments

Ah tough luck there, but these things happen. I once crashed on a round about with no other cars when I was learning.. I still don't know how I even managed it haha. Hope your car isn't too bad.

Just to make you feel better, it's actually about 849 kms! But at least you crashed into your driveway and not into another car because then you'd have to worry about insurance and whatnot! Too much to bother with!

well they do say most crashes happend with in 5 mins of ur home

As a learner myself, you did well seeming that you have to go 80km an hour. Took you 9 or so hours?

Nsw limits for L platers are maximum 90km/hr now. And Victorian L platers just have to obey the speed limits for the road.

kaimariebee 15

I did the same thing when I first started driving, crashed into our mailbox after driving for an hour on the freeway with no problems. In a couple years you'll laugh about it. & think, it may be a great/ relatable story for you to tell your kids one day.

Darn driveways always getting in the way. I usually go through the grass just for this reason.