By hulio88 - 07/12/2010 00:37

Today, after years of hard work, I had an interview at the highest ranking university in the world 800 miles from where I live. It snowed heavily for the last 2 days closing every road, railway, and airport causing me to miss the interview. There is no rescheduling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 591
You deserved it 2 705

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why can't it be rescheduled? Shouldn't have been possible for your interviewer to make it either...

I think that's rather unlikely to be honest, and if they did tell you that then I would be having some serious words. I had an interview for Cambridge yesterday in the UK and they were incredibly accomodating to applicants that couldn't get in from even 20 miles away.

Comments

I'm supprised that they wouldn't make an exception for such an uncontrollable circumstance.

im sorry but i really find it hard to believe that they wouldnt re-schedule such an important event in both yours and their calender, I live in the uk and we are having lots of snow and bad weather here so maybe quite a few people missed and they will have to re-schedule .... I durno and last year I did a telephone interview for a uni maybe you can arrange that??? and i wouldnt panic too much maybe that particular college in cambridge wont accept you but there is a chance another one would.... anyhoos fingers crossed you get it all sorted :)

Except that for it to be Cambridge, OP would have to be in another country, as it's not really possible to be 800 miles from Cambridge and still be in the UK, so I think it would have been worded differently. Besides, although I like it, I've never seen The University of Cambridge ranked as number 1 on any world scale.

Oop! After a bit more searching I just managed to find one that does. I stand corrected.

I think that's rather unlikely to be honest, and if they did tell you that then I would be having some serious words. I had an interview for Cambridge yesterday in the UK and they were incredibly accomodating to applicants that couldn't get in from even 20 miles away.

Lets be honest, 20 miles is considered quite a trek here, but in America, if they can get to someone's house in one day of driving, they're considered neighbours

I feel your pain and truly that sucks. but if you can even get an interview there you can't say FML. that's just **** that incident. sorry for your lost chance though

espai 0

OP, I'm a second year at Oxford, and have friends volunteering at the interviews this week. Anyone who hasn't been able to make it in person due to snow will be getting either a phone, Skype or rescheduled interview. Get in touch with the Academic and Admissions Office of the uni and explain. You won't be the only one I bet! If you really live so far away (800 miles) then I can't see why they couldn't do a phone interview. You'd think a "top-ranking university" wouldn't allow good candidates to slip through because of an uncontrollable event like the weather...

don't worry asu accepts anyone with a pulse

Could be Harvard? I'm sure that they can reschedule, somehow. The weather is beyond your control. If not? Well, reapply next year. Okay, so waiting a year sucks - but it's not the end of the world!