By darkangel7410 - 22/06/2016 08:37 - United States - Lafayette

Today, after working for Uber for a few weeks I realized that my driver rating was dropping. After looking into it, one of the 1-star ratings claimed "mechanical problems". The description of the reason, "He drives a Ford." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 506
You deserved it 2 592

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They're seriously judging you over the car you drive? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

I feel you OP, and I've received similar complaints. Why do people take an issue with my Radio Flyer brand vehicle?! I'm a great puller and make REALLY good engine noises!

Comments

Well that sucks. Maybe look into getting a Chevy? hehe

They're seriously judging you over the car you drive? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Technically 2 people are feeding each other. It is not a free lunch for the uber driver or the passenger. One has to drive and one has to pay.

You still pay for food... The saying still applies

Pretty sure that saying applies to the hand that feeds you as in your caregiver so no it does not appl

You pay for good service and then complain, that's biting the hand that feeds you.

Shadowvoid 33

Some people just can't afFord a luxury car. No big deal, if anyone with half a brain reads the review, you'll be good.

Oh it's less others reading the review and more random unfair ratings. Like you said not everyone can afford a luxury car. However, Uber works off of a system where if you drop below a 4.6 rating regardless of why you were rated under 5 stars they stop giving you as many fairs, so you stop making as much money and if you stay under that rating for 3 weeks the drop you from their systems...Basically fire you.

Rate the rider and appeal the complaint. That's a ridiculous reason.

Wow. What a little ****. I hate people who shit over other car brands. They all have their own pros and cons. Just because you dont like it doesnt make it a general problem, assholes.

MetalxSoldier 26

Well then he should have drove his ford instead of waste your time. That is an asshole move to hurt someone's job because of a personal opinion.

llamingo 8

It would be funny I agree except that they gave him a 1 star rating which will actually hurt the amount of money he makes. So that makes it not a funny joke

I drive a pre-2008 vehicle manufactured by Ford Motor Company. I love it. Ford has been making excellent vehicles for a hell of a lot longer than 6-7 years, #18

My 1962 Ford Galaxie is also an nice car. Ford's been making great vehicles for decades and decades, not 6-7 years.

lxXPandemicXxl 7

7.3 litter powerstoke. Need I say more? That engine was made pre 2008

Fords blow. Like literally, does no one remember the tires blowing up on the expeditions?

that was fireboom,ooh my bad firesyone not Ford's doing.

If they get to their destination alive, the passenger has no reason to shit on your choice of car

Some people want to ride in a luxury vehicle and not some random domestic car that might be like the one that they see all of the time. In other words, they are being jerks.

Agreed. If someone wants to ride in a luxury car, they can call a limo company.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

ha ha that's awesome, I don't like ford's.

Here, ladies and gents, is probably the asshole who would **** over someone's livelihood because he has an opinion on cars!

I feel you OP, and I've received similar complaints. Why do people take an issue with my Radio Flyer brand vehicle?! I'm a great puller and make REALLY good engine noises!

I've been looking for a personal chauffeur. What's your going rate?

For you, Welshy, I'd be willing to provide a discount. I wouldn't exactly mind giving you a ride. ;o)