By Dan1021 - 04/02/2012 19:31 - France

Today, after telling my girlfriend that I loved her, she dumped me claiming I was getting "too attached". I've already spent almost $400 on her Valentine's Day present. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 000
You deserved it 23 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Spending that much proves that you ARE too attached. Or too rich, in which case she's a fool for not hanging on :P

Aregonde 15

Depends how long he's been in the relationship. $400 is an awful lot to be spending on someone you've been seeing for less than a year.

Comments

You do not spend $400 dollars on a girlfriend to whom you've never said "I love you." YDI.

kissonthelips 0

awwwh I'm so sorry! ugh I wish my bf would spend that much or anything on me instead of claiming to be broke, sorry girls are just bitches

eehizle 0

Hay I think you should just play it cool say you agree she will think your not as dependent her as after people brake up you can get her back with her I think that was nice you got her a $400 doller gift I spend a lot on my gf too. Just know it's hard but don't call her or act like your bothered.

epound28 0

Sounds like you were too attached..

ndiesal 0

400 ******* dollars? Get rid of one of those 0's and you'd still be fine. I've been with my current girlfriend for almost 6 years...in 5 Valentine's Days, I've spent maybe $200-250 combined on gifts. Sounds to me that if you're coming on that strong with gifts, then you must be coming on too strong in other ways that she is uncomfortable with.

get a life, gay wod

$400?! How much do you spend on the ABC holidays then? (The ABCs stand for Anniversary, Birthday, Christmas, in case you haven't heard the phrase before.)