By Anonymous - 11/10/2013 11:45 - United States - Monroe

Today, after sending in my passport application for a trip to Paris, I got a letter from the state department saying despite them having my original birth certificate, I don't exist. Upon calling them, I was told that it only proves I'm a citizen, not that I exist. I pay taxes and have a mortgage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 513
You deserved it 2 719

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently your existence has been shut down too.

well that's one way to be off the grid...

Comments

jw90 18

Are you sure you know who you are OP? It could be you're having an identity crisis.

OP you do not exist, therefore this fml does not exist and THIS comment you are all reading is merely a figment of your imagination!

FlawlessSin 5

Tough luck, don't happen to live in the states do you? Government shutdowns tend to make people disappear.

Of course she lives in the states. It says so next to her username.

1dvs_bstd 41

hmm I wonder if you can commit crimes on the technicality that you don't exist..

jonahwalzer 12

This is fake, you cant be typing this if you don't even exist!

perdix 29

How can the person on the other end of the line deny your existence? Wouldn't that mean they are getting paid to talk into the phone to nothingness? No wonder our gubbermint is going broke!

Jaaared_ 15

Now you can do whatever you want, since you don't exist.

I say if u don't exist neither should your mortgage or taxes!

its no wonder the whole world thinks all of us americans are stupid.

This type of absurdities exists in administrations all around the world....( even if this one is quite...absurd)

Ooooh yes, there are three big mysteries in life: love, death and the administration, and it's the same everywhere. My social security and insurance company told me that I was dead once.

How can you be a nonexistent citizen? I'm trying to think my way around this.