By Anonymous - 11/10/2013 11:45 - United States - Monroe

Today, after sending in my passport application for a trip to Paris, I got a letter from the state department saying despite them having my original birth certificate, I don't exist. Upon calling them, I was told that it only proves I'm a citizen, not that I exist. I pay taxes and have a mortgage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 513
You deserved it 2 719

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently your existence has been shut down too.

well that's one way to be off the grid...

Comments

Time to become criminal, the paperwork would be done for you in a day :D

an3ph 20

Yet your name is Anonymous. Are you sure you exist?

Stop paying your taxes. I guarantee the IRS will fix this problem of you not existing.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Welcome to bureaucratic hell. You should've asked if you slapped them in the face would they really feel pain since you don't exist?

Don't you have to present a birth certificate + driver's license when you apply? The first proves citizenship, the second proves identity. It's been a while since my original application but ISTR that's what I had to do.

Portland_Jane 4

Make sure you sent them the correct type of birth certificate. Many of us have two: a fancy one from the hospital or a short version and the official one filed with your state. The certified one will have a registrars raised or embossed seal on it. When you order a copy of your birth certificate (available from your state) you need to specify that you need a full certified copy and not the shortened version.

Frostie13 11

seems like the govt is the one that doesn't exist lately

Another government agency gone wild. Call your congressman for help with your passport.

Good luck Op. I'm 26 and they made me turn in 4different state ID fom before I turned 18yrs of age, elementary school records and a baptismal certificate. I'm a citizen but my parents are not. They do this to anyone who might not be here legally or may NOT be who they say they are.