By thanksforthat - 10/08/2009 19:05 - United States

Today, after selling their car, my parents decided to inform me that my car (that I paid for myself) is now going to be the "Family Car". They also informed me that since it is, after all, my car, I'll still have to pay for the gas and maintenance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 89 876
You deserved it 4 730

Same thing different taste

Top comments

acd23 0

If my parents did that to me I'd tell them they can either start contributing to gas and maintenance or they can start finding other ways to travel, like a bus, or a bike. They may be your parents but if you paid for that car with your own money, you should still have a say on who can and can't use it, and you shouldn't have to foot the car bills yourself if you aren't the only one using it.

theflamezbegin 0

Damn parents. You at least say SOMETHING... but sorry to say it probably won't work...

Comments

Your ass cost more to raise than the car. Stop complaining.

See, I think its funny when people say that. He doesn't owe them anything. They chose to have him (or made a mistake) so its their responsibility to make sure that hes healthy and has a place to live and everything. Its not his obligation to let them use a car he paid for.

#110 is exactly right. And beyond that, they were raised by their parents, right? They owe the same thing to the kids they have. Your child is a responsibility, not a loan that is going to be paid off when they get older.

Anon98WithCake 0

And you said go die in a fire right?

If you're over 18 then you can choose if they can use it or not or it's considered stealing.

that sux ball sacks but if u actually own the car i can safely assume ur 18+, so its YOURS and YOU can decide weather or not they can use it i suggest u just hide the keys keep it locked and refuse to drive any1 anywhere without you agreeing

And since you can buy a car, why would you still be living there? YDI for living with your parents.