By thanksforthat - 10/08/2009 19:05 - United States

Today, after selling their car, my parents decided to inform me that my car (that I paid for myself) is now going to be the "Family Car". They also informed me that since it is, after all, my car, I'll still have to pay for the gas and maintenance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 89 876
You deserved it 4 730

Same thing different taste

Top comments

acd23 0

If my parents did that to me I'd tell them they can either start contributing to gas and maintenance or they can start finding other ways to travel, like a bus, or a bike. They may be your parents but if you paid for that car with your own money, you should still have a say on who can and can't use it, and you shouldn't have to foot the car bills yourself if you aren't the only one using it.

theflamezbegin 0

Damn parents. You at least say SOMETHING... but sorry to say it probably won't work...

Comments

Just get ya stuff and some money and leave/crash with a friend for a lil while. teach em whos boss of YOUR car! Or YOU can set some damn rules down for YOUR car.

I am going to go out on a limb and assume that your parents sold their car for a legitimate reason (lost their jobs and had to sell car to cover bills or something similar). Let's face it, most parents would not decide to suddenly rely on their kid for the only car in the house. That said they should be putting in for the gas that they use, so you FYL!

mel322 0

That totally sucks..u should say "i paid for it so im the only one using it" If they need gas for the car don't get any gas for them get as much gas as U need.

it's your car, you have the keys, just say no. Oh, and go rent an apartment or something... no more parents...

geez. I'd have a few expletives coming out of my mouth if that were me.

EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.... "My" car is the family car, too, but thankfully my parents are such jerks that they make me pay for everything that happens to it, just things that are my fault.