By CreeptacularBait - 27/05/2018 19:00

Today, after over a month of running to lose weight, I can’t walk without crying from the shooting pain in my legs. My husband is upset that I won’t go to the grocery store, make his lunch, or go hiking with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 520
You deserved it 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry, I don't know much about this but are you sure you're doing it right? It might be worth consulting a doctor or someone because I don't think you are supposed to react like that. Unless you really pushed yourself to the extremes yesterday but you shouldn't be feeling like that each day. I don't know, shooting pains from after running sounds wrong, maybe consult a sports therapist from a gymn or something.

Your goal is admirable, but you are going about it all wrong. They always say "consult your doctor before starting an exercise program" for a reason -- to prevent eager beavers like you from hurting yourself out of ignorance. Exercise helps, but your diet is the most important thing to change to achieve weight loss.

Comments

thatslifeiguess7 16

Call your doctor or go to Urgent care. If you have a blood clot it could be fatal. Take it from a runner. Get a trainer, and tell your hubby to go shopping his damn self

Where do you live? Look up orthomassage.net and find a **Teaching assistant** (Not just a practitioner, the TAs are the best!) in your area. I was in debilitating pain for 5 months after a semi truck hit my car on my way to work and after one session I am 100% pain free. Hope you feel better so you can kick your husband's ass!

Nhayaa 21

Running is ok when you actually don't have any weight to loose. Otherwise, you're just gonna ruin your knees because of the extra weight you're caring. Try fast walk instead, more efficient and softer for your legs. :) Good luck on your journey ! Hope you'll get better ^^

I run all the time, and I still train at least 3 months for a marathon. Training, and losing weight, take discipline, a plan, and nutrition as components to get to your goal. And BTW, the husband needs to mind his own activities, not yours!

Emma Marshall 19

Well you should never go from doing nothing to running.... start off fast walking.

Make sure you stretch well before and after you run. If you do that you should be fine. Also drink lots of fluids

Try getting better shoes. This happened to me when I started running in vans. My knees would randomly fall out from under me and they always hurt but then I changed to proper running shoes with good support and I’m fine now

Coal Co 3

you probably have shin splints

You probably overdid it and got shin splints. You should probably rest for a while, have your knees looked at by a physical therapist (knees bending inward while walking or running are often the cause of shin splints) and then *slowly* pick up running again. Also, good shoes with cushioning in the right places could help prevent further injury.

While your goal is admirable, running alone won't help you lose weight; you need to mix aerobic exercise, strength training, diet, and ample sleep to lose weight. You probably overdid it and need to rest your legs. Hiking actually is good exercise, especially if you have elevation changes. You also need good running shoes that provide support. Hope you feel better soon. Oh, and hubby can fix his own damn lunch.