By Anonymous - 12/12/2010 20:32 - United Kingdom

Today, after months of dieting, I finally reached my goal weight. Excitedly I told my boyfriend, who gave me a beautiful dress as an early Christmas present. It was a size too small. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 703
You deserved it 5 199

Same thing different taste

Top comments

honestly, stop thinking about that shit. you're just going deeper into the rabbit hole. you reached your goal weight! if you can't fit the dress, don't feel insulted; just tell him you can't fit it! problem solved. |the kid|

I laugh a little bit whenever I see guys trying to buy clothes for their girlfriends for Christmas. If it's too small, she'll think you want her to lose weight. If it's too big, she'll think you think she's fat. Or it'll be unflattering. There's a reason women spend so much time in dressing rooms. It takes a long time to find clothes that look good. Unless it's a scarf or a bathrobe, please don't buy it.

Comments

None of those crash diets or "eat only one thing for two weeks" diets ever works. They end up gaining more weight overall because they're literally starving themselves...

Perverted or not, a diet with simply liquid protein (from man or manufactured) will not work.

sourgirl101 28

I think it's sweet that your boyfriend is cheering you on. You're probably the one that told him that your weight goal is to fit into a size 6 (example). I bet he went by the dress size you said. Btw many different clothing company have different charts. One dress size is still great to be off by. Congrats, almost there.

bellatrix4 0

he clearly got the wrong size dont freak! guys do that....a lot

Did you tell him the size? Because it's hard to guess someone's size... And sizes can vary between shops, I'm a 12 one place and a 14 another. And styles of dresses can fit people differently... Buying clothes for people when they're not there to try them on is very difficult!

Draeven_fml 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You are really, really rude. You should be ashamed of yourself for being so mean.

AMAZINashleigh 6
sourgirl101 28

Not true! I lost 10 pounds on that diet. JK(: Bones, you can't be shocked that there are many that will never understand your humor or want to.(:

ThickHead 0
Kirin144 3

Seriously this is an fml? Your bf made a mistake or the outfit has weird sizes. I know a lot of clothes seem to vary in their sizes. Be a big girl and tell him it is too small. I'm sure you can return it and get the right size.