By Anonymous - 06/10/2015 16:22 - United States - Newtown Square

Today, after hearing the results of my spinal tap, following several scans, my doctor said discovering that I have Multiple Sclerosis was a "happy accident". FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 980
You deserved it 1 495

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's happy because he found it and can treat it before you get seriously affected by it.

At least it was discovered but your doctor has very poor bedside manner OP. Sorry about that :/

Comments

I'm sorry, OP, I know this can't be easy for you. I'm sure your doctor has suggestions on how to maintain the disease!

Sounds like you went to visit Dr Hubert from the Simpsons, all I can think of is that silly lol from your doc when he said it, sorry to hear the bad news OP

One medical diagnosis, and all of the FML doctors come out of the woodwork. Sorry OP.

I feel for you, my mother had it so I can totally relate.

christinamarie17 29

What an untactful way to deliver that kind of news. Your doctors name wouldn't happen to be Gregory House, would it?

House wouldn't even deal with something that mundane.

christinamarie17 29

He might if Cuddy forced him into some more free clinic hours (not that OP went to a free clinic; that's just the only situation I can see him coming across something like this).

I don't think anything will ever be a happy accident...

Mine too. It sure as hell ain't no happy accident. **** that Dr.

I tend to disagree on the whole "fuckthat Dr" point. The doctor is saying happy accident to discovering it over finding out the MUCH harder way.

be glad you found out now I've been working with physically impaired people for ten years, one thing a lot of them say, is they just fell over one day... be glad now you can prepare and be on top of it, best advice I can give you, is build as much strength as you can now, m.s. is a degenerative disease that attacks the muscles, better shape your in now the better you be in the long run! good luck! I wish you a long life!

chill99 15

I'm sorry about your diagnosis. It's been 14 years since my MS diagnosis. While every case is different, mine has been mild, even through times of high stress. In case it helps you, an excellent diet and vitamin supplements have really helped me. There are lots of books out there on it, but in general it's the Mediterranean diet. I also really avoid junk food, but have a couple of treats (like dark chocolate) so I'm not deprived.