By mosaicevolution - 03/01/2015 04:04 - United States - Decatur

Today, after finishing my second glass of wine, I walked out of the bathroom and saw the tag on my hair dryer from last year's rehab visit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 224
You deserved it 16 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Forgive my stupidity, but I have no idea what "the tag on my hair dryer from last year's rehab visit" actually means. None of the meanings for the word "tag" that I know of make any sense in context, and I can't figure out what the hair dryer and rehab have to do with each other. Any extremely charitable person willing to explain what's going on?

19990231 29

Although two glasses of wine is not bad, if you have had problems with alcohol before, this (relapse?) could lead you down a slippery slope.

Comments

Maybe limit yourself to a bottle a week? Try and control your intake.

OP is an alcoholic who already went to rehab. She should try and control her intake so much that she doesn't drink anything at all.

#33 Not necessarily correct. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), recovered alcoholics include low-risk drinkers who show no signs of dependence or abuse as well as abstainers. Full recovery, by definition, means no alcohol dependence or abuse - it does not necessarily have to mean complete abstinence. If anyone's curious, roughly half the recovered alcoholics in the study were 'low-risk' drinkers, and half were abstainers.

2 glasses of wine? What is this? The zombie apocalypse? Oh dear jeeeesus.

I have a sister who is an alcoholic I know it's hard OP but you can do it stay strong and take it one day at a time you messed up today so start tomorrow new and go to AA meetings and if you don't already have one get a sponsor and stay strong and I wish you the best of luck OP.

am I reading it wrong or did she finish her second glass of wine and then had to use the bathroom? I thought she finished it in the bathroom, in which case she might have a problem

I like how the majority of the "no harm in that" comments appear to be from underage kids. Stay away from the booze OP; it doesn't sound like it's done much good for you in the past...

Take it as a reminder OP. For someone who has problems controlling themselves after a few glasses, it's best just to stay away.. Think of what you're doing all the good for. Friends, family, your lover, your job, but mostly yourself.

I_eat_hearts17 9

OP is an adult! Whom I'm sure is capable of deciding whether they've had enough treatment and counseling to enjoy a few drinks. Not every recovered alcoholic instantly turns into Gollum when alcohol is near!! Good lord you people judge fast...

But if OP felt that she was using sound adult judgment, why would she consider this an FML and submit it? If she had felt confident and well-balanced in her alcohol use, she would have just said, "Oh, look how far I've come," and that would be it. I believe that it is possible for some people in recovery to reincorporate moderate alcohol consumption into their lives, but it's still much riskier than staying abstinent, because you have to monitor yourself so carefully. Doing it within a year of rehab is pretty early, because she needs to be sure she's consistently using healthy coping skills to deal with problems and able to be honest about herself about her choices before deciding whether to drink again.

regardless if OP is an adult OP is an alcoholic so obviously OP is not a good idea to be drinking but they do not know when to stop I don't think anyone is judging OP it's more like they just want OP to make the right decisions and get back on track.

sheila6368 6

Perhaps seeing the tag on your hair dryer was a reminder from your Higher Power that wine isn't a good thing to indulge in. Even if you went to rehab for something else, you should try other coping mechanisms before turning to alcohol. I wish you the best of luck in staying sober.

Here's motivation. How good will that hair dryer look when it's in your shopping cart with all your other possessions. Tough love here op. You were in rehab once. Get off the booze completely.