By Potential Bridezilla - 10/08/2011 07:18 - United Arab Emirates

Today, a week after my fiancé and I got engaged, his mother is already complaining that she isn't involved enough in the wedding arrangements. We haven't even set a date yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 304
You deserved it 2 591

Same thing different taste

Comments

nastyness 0

Take a lesson from everybody loves raymond...stand up to her now or "til death do you part" is really, really gonna suck.

58s 0
sk8rgrl1303 4
Bludmagnus 13

The real test is the "surprise crisis" question. If when she is asked that, she cannot make up her mind, give her time. By the time she figures that out, if she is just a concerned mom, she will have learned how little she really deserves input. Some females especially will not like what I have said, but the reality is very simple. Mothers, at a certain age, both of themselves and their child, no longer matter in the equation as much as they used to. Just as there are situations it is perfectly acceptable to tell your child to shut up, you should be able to do the same to your mother. it is not disrespect, as they are showing none to you as an adult in this kind of situation.

Yay ! I smell a potential mother-in-lawzilla !

bubo_fml 10

Male Mental Health 101, lesson 1: If you must marry, let the M.I.L. plan the whole ******' thing. Benefits? Good diplomacy for the in-laws & you won't have to waste time visiting every ******' fruity-ass flower shop, shit cake bakery & prick bastard wedding planner in the land. More time for the pub & video games! (Other than that, I have the highest respect for the institution of marriage...)