By Username - 01/02/2011 15:40

Today, a snow storm rolled into my small town, leaving my car stuck under 3 feet of snow. I called my boss to tell her I couldn't drive to work. Her reply? "Walk." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 401
You deserved it 5 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mikejunior88 4

lol, i had to call in to work once because my car wouldn't start, & my boss offered to come pick me up. talk about awkward.

Hope you don't get frostbite on your way there :)

Comments

I'll make a crazy guess and say, since she suggested this, it can't be that ******* far. Walk, take the bus, borrow a shovel. Oh the possibilities!

Acousticpixie14 6

Or OP is a lazy ass who calls out of work all the time. I would imagine if he was a model employee his boss would be more understanding, but if he calls out with lame excuses all of the time, she probably is just sick of it and assumes he's bullshitting her again.

perdix 29

"Take This Job and Shove It!" You might want to modify the lyrics to "shovel it," but she'll get the point.

If you're hourly you'll only get paid if you're there. Dress warm!

Acousticpixie14 6

Is anyone else noticing that the comment threads are jumping between different comments?

It's the comment bug. It's been lurking around for awhile and that damn exterminator they hired can't catch it!

My car got stuck in snow once, takes 5 frigid freezy hours to dig and not get frostbites on fingers and toes. I feel you op.

nut_meg87 0

that's insane, women bosses are the worst always on a power trip

cowboyy_fml 0

I live in southwest Oklahoma and we r having the same problem. we r out of school today and tonite it's supposed to be 3 degrees.lucky for us, we have 90 cows and bout 30 little calves(baby cows) we have to tend to. and 5 elderly horses, 5 dogs and 4 cats with a broken water pipe that flooded our house. and we can't get water to our cows and horses cuz the hoses are frozen and so is the water..FML

when the animals freeze to death at least you'll have food.

cowboyy_fml 0

we don't eat our animals . we sale our cows and raise them. and we already have enough food anyway

kaitlan 0

This may sound weird... but what's your name?

cowboyy_fml 0

ummm u can look at my description and I'm not giving u my last name stalker... why do u want me name anyway..???

kaitlan 0

cause you look really familiar. I live I'n Oklahoma too. do you rodeo or show maybe?

Kay dudes; two things. First, please type in complete and properly spelled sentences. Second, since I know you won't do that, take your conversation elsewhere (i.e. use PM to talk to each other).

Acousticpixie14 6

I was just thinking the same thing....

Wow.... cowboyy, that is really harsh. :( That's a worse FML than the one posted.

Because: -no one wants to see your inane conversations. -it's against the rules to even have a conversation like that on an FML. That's what the PM feature is there for, people. -despite it being amusing that you're stalking someone, we still don't care to see it.

5t3ff1k4h is correct. Nobody wants to read this mind-numbing stalking/creeping/crotch-touching. If you must do it, do so via Private Messaging only.

Acousticpixie14 6

Ha....my comment was supposed to be in agreement with 5t3ff1k4h...I suppose I posted a little bit late.

kaitlan 0

well I would cept there's no PM or message button on here.

kaitlan 0

well i would cept there is no PM or message button. so sorry that I don't always do everything right like you guys I guess

kaitlan 0

well sorry there is no PM button or message button on my phone.

I guess you'll just have to telepathically beam your flirting to your intended recipient, then! That or get on the website.

kaitlan 0

I dont know what you all call flirting but this was intended to be a question about knowing a person, and nothing but that. So next time stay off my comment and none of this will happen. Thanks much. Kaitlan

Did you really just back-talk a moderator? Yeah, you're in for it now. *grabs popcorn*

oH GoodNesS!!!!!!! this is intense. :()

cowboyy_fml 0

shut up, please get off my comment,go get a life, and better yet, quit telling ppl to quit having conversations when y'all are the one who needs to use quit having yalls own conversations.

I sincerely hope for your sake that you tripped up, fell on your keyboard, and in the process of getting back up, palmed the keyboard randomly, and that's how your comment appeared on the site. The alternative is that you are just this uneducated.

Acousticpixie14 6

Y'all needs to undastand that them good peoples don't wanna hear all about y'alls rodeoin' 'n' such. That thar mod-uh-raterr can kick y'alls butt of this here site, ya hear?!

I wish I could "thumbs up" Sirin for that.

cowboyy_fml 0

k. I am not changing for y'all. I don't care becuz I hav other people who love me and I don't need ppl who don't even know me telling me how to talk. but if u really want to waste ur life trying to tell me how to talk, PM message me ok. if ur mature a little than u won't care.

Acousticpixie14 6

Making fun of how you talk, and telling you how to talk are two completely different things. I "talk" the same way. I'm from a tiny town in Arkansas, but I don't type like a babbling hillbilly. Since, I've already been accused, however, I might as well tell you how. That last comment was atrocious. "I am not changing for any of you. I don't care. I have other people who love me and I don't need people, who don't even know me, telling me how to talk. If you really want to waste your life trying to tell me how to talk, PM me, okay? If you're somewhat mature then you won't care." Much better [:

cowboyy_fml 0

it still failing at makin me type correct. and ur just gonna keep failing so just end this conversation I'm done and honestly I got better things to do

Kay, Cowboyy, what makes you think it's appropriate to backtalk a moderator? She can ban yo' hillbilly ass, you know. If she tells you to stop doing something, you ******* do it.

Cowboyy, I told you to let this thread die. If you post one more comment on this thread, I will kick your ass through the back of your head, yes?

cowboyy_fml 0

I'm talking to acoustic pixie girl not u. so see you're way out of this damn conversation. I don't need a lil teenage bitch trying to own me!if u really actually had a life u would give up by now an know that no one can change me.. but no u hav to keep goin on an on like a bitch. and there are no rules about typing correctly

have you ever tried to walk in 3 feet of snow? i grew up walking to school in that and it is not fun. if she walked she would probably be late for work and God knows what her boss would have done then, considering how short she's being now.

ulicksam 0

OP, how convenient that you left out how far you'd have to walk. I can only assume you did so because it's not very far, especially in a small town. Of course you could have kept your car clear before all 3 feet of snow piled on it. Or you could shovel. The very least you could do is get off the internet and get to work .YDI.

joa76 3

"Of course you could have kept your car clear before all 3 feet of snow piled on it. " I'm going to guess you don't live in the north. It probably snowed that much overnight. What do you want people to do, stay up all night clearing off the snow as it falls so they won't have to do it in the morning?

cowboyy_fml 0

exactly. maybe YOU should be the one getting off of the Internet and quit telling ppl they r lazy. u don't know the OP, you don't know how far the OP had to walk, and I'm sure u would have called telling them u can't leave if the snow was 3 foot tall, too!

#32, i'm sure you'd do quite well in siberia! i guarantee you would be the one writing this fml had you been in op's situation. ******* dolts. |the kid|

Acousticpixie14 6

It's not as if it's difficult to clear off 3 feet of snow anyways... I agree with #32....why is he posting on FML when he should be finding a way to work?

Except for he/she may not actually work in that small town. I work in a big city but live in a small town thirty minutes out where housing is significantly cheaper. I have to take the highway to get into work, and you can't walk the highway. We also don't have any kind of public transportation where I live. It's entirely possible that it isn't an issue of laziness, but of it not being possible to find another way.