By sirenmario - 20/01/2011 00:52

Today, a patient at the hospital I work at had a tracheal tube and couldn't speak. I'm unable to read lips, but I'm pretty sure he was mouthing the words 'stupid bitch' every time I tried to stop him from pulling out his IV. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 005
You deserved it 2 679

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're not a stupid bitch for doing your job.

Pull out his tracheal tube and then see what he says.

Comments

Oh my gah, it's the end of the world! A patient in the hospital was being rude?! Most people in hospitals tend to not be very happy about being there. Keep that in mind.

notepads and pencils still work and are cheap fyi

eyez1992 0

for one# 24 ur an asshole and for two my aunts a nurse and u cant help some ppl from doing wat they want so u can try. u try ur hardest and u do wat u have to to help them. so keep up ur job and hope u have better days

yeah...that...or "it's starting to itch" or another variation of itch... not bitch. I could be wrong, but that makes more sense to me.

To be fair, op, you DID state that you can't read lips. based on that fact, it's quite possible you misinterpreted what he was trying to say. Next time offer him some paper and a pen and ask him to write it down.

yeah, FYL... the dude has a tube shoved down his trachea but f-YOUR life...

OP, you're totally justified in your FML! Don't listen to the ignorant judgmental commentors who have never worked a 12 hour shift and don't even know what a trach tube is. Yes, the patient's life sucks, but ICU nurses ABSOLUTELY have more than their share of FMLs, especially compared to most of the stuff posted on this site. It's easy to say "don't take it personally", but who WOULDN'T be exhausted after 12 straight hours of trying to do a million things while vigilantly watching someone who is glaring daggers at you, trying to punch you, trying to rip out all their lines, trying to make a run for it, etc etc etc. when all you're trying to do is take care of them?? Some of the people leaving comments obviously know what's up. But to all the others who are talking out of their asses, I'd like to see them give it a try.

he could have been saying stop the itch