By Anonymous - 11/03/2013 02:47 - United States - Louisville

Today, a man I once worked with passed away. He was a lovely, caring, and inspirational person whom I looked up to. My husband's form of consolation? "Old people die. Get over it." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 916
You deserved it 4 051

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yes, unfortunately the old die, I hope this great man was able to pass on his experience and intelligence before he passed. Just today I had a discussion about how society seems to be evolving slower socially, because the young refuse to learn from the old.

caplox 6

Yeah doesnt mean he has to be a jerk about it.

Comments

ileenefudge 29

That is beyond disrespectful.

ileenefudge 29

Sorry. To me it is, doesn't matter who passes and whether you know them or not at least show a little compassion, if not for the deceased, then for family and those who did know them, even a little, in this case it was the OP.

He's not wrong. Some people are just not as empathic as others. If your husband is like that, surely that's not the first time you noticed?

to the well organised mind death is but the next great adventure. - Albus Dumbledore

Answer: there's a tombstone, get under it. Ha!

OP- Your husband = insensitive and jealous douche nozzle!! Don't let his ignorant and mean spirited comment diminish your feelings for your dead mentor! Your loss of your hubby would be more easily gotten over than your loss of your friend!

When he's dead get "We got over it" written on his tombstone.

kishorekumar_a 10

I can think of a few different ways to communicate the same thing without the rudeness and with compassion. Talk to your husband after you have pulled yourself together and teach him to be sensitive and compassionate.

What a D-bag - he should've known you were upset. Sorry for your loss OP.

Obey_StudBoii 23