By welcometothefamily - 26/02/2011 14:03 - United States

Today, a guy who I have known for a long time confessed his love to me. It would have been sweet except that he will become my stepbrother in 3 days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 101
You deserved it 3 228

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well there's technically nothing wrong with it.

SLP9008 0

I've been there. I dated my moms fiancées son for 8 months. My mom and him ended up splitting up later so we were never related but most people still thought it was wrong, but he was gorgeous and we weren't raised as siblings so we didn't care :)

Comments

And their kids won't have to remember too many grandparents-names. At least the OP and her step-brother aren't blood related.

SLP9008 0

I've been there. I dated my moms fiancées son for 8 months. My mom and him ended up splitting up later so we were never related but most people still thought it was wrong, but he was gorgeous and we weren't raised as siblings so we didn't care :)

Also, they use it as a plot device in Clueless.

kantra19 0

Tamora Pierce sort of uses it in a book...the protagonist (Alanna) gains an adopted father (Sir Myles) during the story, who eventually marries the mother of the Alanna's future husband, George. They're all cool with it. Course...it's set in a medieval era but um... :D

And? You're not related by blood, right? OP, you'd actually have a lot of bonuses in the relationship. Like, you wouldn't have to rent a flat to live together, and you would always be able to see him. That's nice :3

well your not related by blood, so what's the problem?

this really isn't that bad. it could be worse lol.

its not wrong sinve you're not blood related. i dont get what the big deal is.

kyyy2 0

you obviously don't understand the reason why dating a sibling is so taboo today. there's more reasons than just "it's gross because you're related," which in this case they aren't. your ignorance kills me.

What happens if they break up, though? I hate to look on the negative side of relationships, but it's a fact of life. Being in that close a proximity if something should happen wouldn't exactly be a good thing. Then there's the awkwardness between family members... etc.