By Cherrish it - 04/09/2012 04:24 - United States - Carmichael

Today, a girl told me she stopped eating cherries ever since her father choked on one when she was a kid. She later mentioned that she doesn't like to drive. I sarcastically asked, "Did your dad choke on a car too?" Nope, her two brothers died in a car accident. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 602
You deserved it 58 859

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Smooth, try not to be so sarcastic next time

randomthing 22

Comments

I believe the person at their favourite bar did the same thing.

Funny retort.. You could not have I known...

I don't see why you have to be like that. I mean... if she saw that as a kid when her dad choked on a cherry. Why did you have to be sarcastic about it? YDI.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's a family curse. Best to just keep on walking--don't really wanna mess with that!

campervan 6

Aww ive had moments like these you just say stuff and then comes the awkwardness. I was once going upthis building to see the view with my friend and she was like i dont want to. I said dw it only hurts when you hit the bottom 'jokingly'. Then she said "my friend jumped off a roof". In my head i was just like damndamndamn.

maybe her father was choking on the cherry while driving and got in an accident and the brothers died..

Or maybe a brother was driving and had an accident that caused dad to choke on a cherry. Or... Brother was driving, dad choked on the cherry, brother panicked and crashed. Hmmm. So many scenarios.

I don't get why people are saying, "that was funny, you were just unlucky OP". The girl told you about how she was understandably traumatised by something that happened in her past, and you were sarcastic about it later. I could understand if she had said something dumb like "I don't eat cherries because I've heard there's aliens inside them" and you later went "Do you think there's aliens inside cars?". But in this case, you'd be a dick even if there hadn't been a car crash, for being sarcastic about her father's death.

I just realised it doesn't say he died. Whoops. But the point still stands, it's pretty traumatic for a child to watch their father choke.