By Bruised - 07/03/2010 06:09 - Canada

Today, a drunk truck driver taught me a very valuable lesson: Never tie your shoelaces in the middle of a parking lot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 614
You deserved it 11 218

Perpexel tells us more.

Perpexel 4

Holy crap! you guys came up with crazy ideas. The truck driver drove VERY close to me to scare me and then he honked his horn which made me jump and smack into the side of the truck. i was NOT raped or hit by the truck. hope that clears up some things

Top comments

DahliaNoir 0

'Never tie your shoelaces in the middle of a parking lot' You don't say...

Comments

Kirlyfoo 9

bitches cant drive YDI for being a girl who can't drive dumb ass

Here's another tip: don't stop dead at the bottom of the "down" escalator.

oh wow....someone needs some common sense

stormette_fml 0

no 54 i thought that to for a sec but then i thought she got hit by the truck

YDI for tying your shoes in the center of a ******* car park

ashlynn610 12

Actually, it means he voted " you totally deserved it."

TryToBeKind 0

No one deserves to get hit by any vehicle. My twin (when we were five) and I raced across a street after we realized we didn't have money for ice cream. I made it, he didn't. My mom was paying attention - she was sitting on the front porch feeding our baby sister, she didn't stop us or get to us on time. Horrible accidents happen. OP didn't say if she was by her car, about to get in, or if she was in the middle of a cross walk. Either way, drivers need to watch when they are driving. What if it were a very short dwarf or a little kid who suddenly got away from their parents? People do go through parking lots too fast and frequently only pay attention to the parking spot they're trying to get into and not the people.

I'm sorry about your twin and all, but she deserved this one to an extent. WHO STANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF A PARKING LOT TO TIE THEIR SHOES? It's called MOVING OUT OF THE WAY so that cars can go by. I understand that the guy shouldn't have been driving drunk, he shouldn't have hit her anyway, etc etc but it's pretty obvious that something would have happened by her actions. This isn't an FML, this is more failblog worthy material.

Erniesduck123 0

OP pretty much said she was in the middle of a parking lot. The only logical explanation for where she was standing was in the middle of an aisle, not by her car, not about to get in, and even if she was in the middle of a crosswalk, who stops in the middle of anywhere cars are driving? Walk a few more feet, stop on a sidewalk, and tie your shoes, then it's an FML, because the truck would have had to driven up on the sidewalk and no amount of caution could have prevented that.