By ItchItchBaby - 09/09/2017 13:00

Today, 2 hours before a 13-hour flight, I found out I had head lice. I'm a 24-year-old woman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 098
You deserved it 471

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17

What does age have to do with getting hair lice? It can happen to anyone at any age.

What does your age or sex have to do with getting head lice? They don't discriminate. I made a comment on FML and I'm a 29 year old male.

Comments

If it helps you feel better, typically lice like clean hair. While I get why you may be embarrassed or frustrated, I for one won't judge!

easy fix, when you get wherever your going, dye your hair

corky1992 33

Lice doesnt only infest children..its more common in children, but adults do still get it. Your age has nothing to do with it.

samomaha 17

Shaving your head will NOT get rid of the lice. Get a lice shampoo and use it. Meanwhile, don't lean back in the plane, don't hug, etc. You have to use the shampoo then use it again after 2 weeks to get rid of any newly hatched lice. Be sure to use the enclosed nit-comb as well. And at home, wash EVERYTHING that came in contact with your head in the hottest water the fabric can stand, and dry on the highest heat setting your dryer has. Nits (lice eggs) can live for weeks/months on clothing, furniture, etc.

I've gotten it twice from my nephew now. if you're around kid's it's bound to happen.