The state of sex ed…

By UnhappyGrandmama - 22/09/2022 23:00

Spicy
Today, my 17 year-old daughter texted me, “Mom I’m pregnat” Yes, exactly how you see it spelled. She’s a senior in high school. Oh, and she doesn’t know who the father is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 409
You deserved it 397

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Here’s to hoping that the spelling error was just due to nerves/emotions. But god help you with paternity..

Shame on you, America for banning the right to an abortion.

Comments

Here’s to hoping that the spelling error was just due to nerves/emotions. But god help you with paternity..

Shame on you, America for banning the right to an abortion.

all because someone gets pregnant at 17 doesn't mean they need to get an abortion or their life is over. she had unprotected sex and babies come from that. my mom was 16 when she had me.

That's not an appropriate setting to have kids and it's most of the time a financial and mentally crippling experience. I understand what you're saying but the mom's child is not ready to be a mom and it's not fair for the mom to deal with the burden of raising a child that is not hers.

Vesi 29

Who says it was unprotected? I got knocked up at 16 *through* a condom. It did not break so I'm assuming a pinhole we did not know was there. If I was not already 16 weeks by the time we found out, I would have aborted. I was not ready to be a parent. And yes, it absolutely *does* crush futures for young people.

We didn't ban abortion nationwide (yet). It's just banned in the territories that have succumbed to fascism. We do have some free states where people still have rights that are still as strong as their right to have AR-15s.

Just find the guy at her school who can spell pregnant and you've got your man!

try to get a paternity test and she's gonna grow up real quick

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway