Thanks!

By rachel - 19/02/2011 01:06 - United States

Today, my house got broken into for the third time. The nice police officer said that if I didn't want my house to keep being robbed I should, "Fix the place up so it doesn't look like a crummy vacant building." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 781
You deserved it 8 601

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sammy92 0

well then fix it up! its not that hard to paint it and maybe install some good locks XP

rofflewaffle 9

If a freaking police officer tells you your house looks like a vacant building, maybe you should take his advice! Don't be a slob.

Comments

rebekahmarie 0
sweetonsno 1

Man. If your house is getting broken into so much, it is probably time to get new locks or something. While the officer was rude, there are things that make your house more appealing to thieves. Delapidation is one of them. It says "this house will be easy to get into."

if a house looks cared for and lived in that drives a lot of would be thieves and trespassers away. also a lot of crimes happen because the people who commit them think nobody will really care.

Set the dump on fire. That may help deter the thieves.

dbt88 15

There's a reason he said it, and he's right. Read up on the broken windows theory.

dillis69 0

rather than blame the cop for being insensitive maybe you should take into account what he has to say. either your place looks like a shit hole resembling something a crackhead or a bum would squat in or you live in a bad neighborhood. either way you should fix the place up maybe put in a security system or wise up and move the he'll out of that dump. leave it to dumb ass people to say that the cop isn't doing his job to catch a petty thief when they are swamped with calls with crimes they can solve, not ones that have to be caught in the act for there to be any results.

I completely agree with this. The cop was giving you useful advice, not having a go at you. If you stopped going into auto-offended mode, and thought about it for a second, you'd realise he was right. Man, for someone that lives in a crack den, you sure are touchy...

Least he was honest. Maybe listen to his advice and fix up the shack.

how rude. perhaps install a new security system?

takemewithy0u 0

I got a security system the day after my house was robbed the first(and only) time. I didn't wait for it to happen again(and again) before doing something.