Stranger danger

By soul0eater - 12/03/2011 07:18 - Saudi Arabia

Today, I was at the mall and I saw a kid crying. I asked her "What's wrong sweetie, are you lost?" She ran away screaming "Help me!" I ended up having to explain to a dumb mall cop that I'm not a perv. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 378
You deserved it 3 870

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Adding to what #5 said: Unfortunately this happens way too much. Someone is in a car accident, unconscious and the car has seconds before likely bursting into flames. No paramedics are around, but to save the person's life, a stranger pulls them from the wreck just before the car bursts into flames. Guy has just had his life saved, but because the stranger was trying to save his life, not worry about his spine- the guy in the accident can never walk again and has to be in a wheelchair forever. Decides to sue his "saviour". I think there are laws now that protect actions that were taken in order to save someones life as long as there wasn't anyone else who was more qualified around and that it was life threatening like in the above scenario. But back on topic, this sucks but it's better to take a little bit of time out of your life rather then the kid not screaming but this time with a child molester. Not to mention if a stranger approached my hypothetical child and security just let them go after hearing "No I am not a child molester" I wouldn't be very happy either. But I think an hour was a little excessive without calling in higher authorities.

Nup. Screw that mentality. Isolated incidents of people being dickheads after having their ass saved wouldn't stop me from helping another human being that was in trouble. Buying into that hype makes the world a crappier place.

Comments

did u REALLY spend an HOUR explaining it? Doubtful.

where's paul blart when you need him?! lol.. I've done that before though, I have helped a couple small frantic kids find their moms. the moms are always like "where have you been?! I told you not to run off!" and they never once thanked me for helping their kid or just making sure they don't run out the doors into the parking lot or some weird old guy doesn't hustle them away... not to kenton they always blame the kid for disappearing instead of just taking responsibility. moms today are something else...

fthku 13

You don't deserve it, but you're an asshole. Of course, if the cop would have just ignored a real pedophile and he ended up hurting a child, everyone would turn to say "Oh, that idiot mall cop couldn't even do his job". Everyone yells "do your job" until it interferes with their own convenience. ******* hypocrites drive me insane.

The best thing to do is ask a woman to ask the child. Sad but true.

kingtz 6

exactly! there are a million women at the mall. Let one of them help the girl and save yourself any awkward explanations next time.

fthku 13

Right. Women are incapable of crime, we forgot. Also, we don't know if the kid is a girl or a boy.

dudeitsdanny 9

People are less likely to believe a woman would be a pervert. Sad, but true. Personally, I'd probably just take the kid myself, but I'm still young enough to maybeeee avoid this crap. But if I felt I had to take the child to a woman to avoid this, I'd go with them: I know I'm not a pervert, but I don't know what the woman will do. It's a stereotype: Women are nurturing and incapable or hurting a child. Doesn't have to be true for the cop to believe it.

@29 Yes we do. Try re-reading the FML. OT: You are a perv if you go around calling random little girls "sweetie". The mall cop wasn't the dumb one here.

fthku 13

#43, you're right, I misread. You are a perv if you call a kid "sweetie"? Are you serious?

well if you didn't notice, he's in Saudia Arabia and I'm sure it would be easier to talk to a child than to talk to woman ;)

fthku 13

#65, don't talk about things you don't know, especially if what you think you know is prejudiced.

I know exactly what I'm talking about :)

And this is why mall cops aren't real cops

only1onyx 0

Maybe you are and you just don't know it yet.

KiwiDingo 0

at least her parents taught her stranger danger!!!

AceArctic 4

Stranger Danger is so stupid. The majority of sexual assault is from someone the one being assaulted knows. >.< I hate the time I was born in.