Stir crazy, part 16

By Anonymous - 14/04/2020 05:00

Today, my wife was so sick of being isolated with the kids while I, a key worker, got to "escape" to work everyday, that she locked herself in our room and got completely trashed on my cider, meaning I had to stay at home with the kids instead of helping my elderly patients. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 193
You deserved it 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How about instead of complaining, you get some perspective. I work in mental health and even though I'm still working, I have patients that are now doing online therapy, and you should see what constant exposure to ONLY your family and no one else will do. It will make you go crazy. I get you have elderly patients, but your wife's well-being and sanity is just as important. Also, way to make being a parent sound like such a burden to you. imagine how she must feel.

Of course it would be better if kids would behave and being isolated with them would be all fun and games but reality is that this situation takes a toll on everyone and if she needs a break you need to help her. " In good times and in bad, in sickness and in health."

Comments

xbaconator9000x 16

A lot of comments here seem to be under the impression that OP feels like he is escaping to work. OP never said that, it was his wife who feela as though he ia escaping. Yes the wife is struggling but there is nothing to assume the OP isn't helping. But OP is an essential worker. He/his work/his patients cannot afford him to be home either. Not saying the wifes actions aren't understandable (albeit manipulative) to a degree. But I am saying this isn't OPs fault.

icalledhisname 12

I completely understand how frustrating and taxing her life currently is, as that is how I’m living. But boy, is she making bad coping decisions! I merely eat chocolate and complain to my friends. I’m chronically ill with chronic pain to boot, but I won’t fall apart despite the terrible days. I’m sorry you have to deal with that!

RomeoJackson 8

kids are awesome. find a way to psychologically deal with the situation. perhaps, a date night. babysitter from time to time. family help watch the kids, etc.

None of those things are possible during the pandemic, which was the main point of the post and why it led to such extreme results. I feel for the OP, I really do. Also grateful I don't have kids.

Interesting how men are usually ”key workers” and too important to take care of their own children. Why do you men even bother having kids if there’s no time for them?