Smugglers unite

By atang - 09/04/2009 09:16 - United States

Today, I was leaving a clothing store when the security guard stopped me and demanded that I surrender the clothing I was "trying to steal" by hiding it under my shirt. It turns out, he was just looking at my pot belly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 932
You deserved it 11 454

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I_Go_Commando 0

If this isn't motivation enough to get your ass in shape, i don't know what is.

xxyumtasticxx 0

it's like family guy Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult! Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid.

Comments

Who cares if the OP is overweight, that isnt the issue. The guard should have known better. I would have spoken to a manager at the store about it. If you like the way you look, dont worry about it. That's all that matters. It is very similar to family guy though, haha.

Maybe if you ate less people wouldn't think that you were stealing there clothes all the time. The officer had every right to inadvertently call you a fat ass. He had his job and suspected you of stealing. You probably ate all of the clothes anyways, so there was probably some truth to his suspicions.

You deserve it for being that fat. Eat fewer children and maybe try moving without the use of your electric scooter every now and then.

Stores can't actually do anything to you unless you've left the store with merchandise. They can ask if that's something, but it's against most company's policies to accuse anyone of stealing. Most stores/security guards will wait until you've left so they can press charges/ ban you from the store. The security guard not only insulted you by calling you a shoplifter, he also insulted you by calling you fat. He could probably be fired for that, if you're looking for revenge.

I can't believe how people can be that mean! I mean, maybe she just has an abnormal body, than she would have nearly no thighs, very small legs en arms and than a huge belly, where all the fat would be; if she's small, she could be 10 pounds more than 'normal' (which is perfectly normal too xD) and she would look fat ánd like she's stealing clothes. I mean, if someone has fat legs too, nobody would think she'd hide something. Don't call people fat if you haven't seen them! I weigh 10 pounds more than ideal with loads of fat in that 10 pounds, but I don't look fat beyond control because I have a moderately well shaped body and not a weird one. I could've been the OP and I don't like people calling other people fat! Character is the important thing, please! And I know this looks like whining, but I typed it with a smile and I'm sure you did that as well. But OP was already feeling bad, so put your manners on ppl.

Oh my, another "somebody noticed I'm fat" FML. Whoever is approving these, FYL. I don't care if the story is legit and I'm not necessarily saying YDI, they're boring and repetitive.

galad2003 0

#22 is right, security guards can't do jack, they aren't cops so you can sue the piss out of them. They are supposed to detain you until the police come then they can search you.

xania_fml 0

Security Guard : All right son, I'm going to need those two hams back. Chris : Huh? I don't have any hams! Security Guard : Lift up your shirt, son. Chris : I need an adult! I need an adult! Security Guard : You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid!

eeee93757 0

If this is even real... #2 for the win...