Silver linings

By see lie - 31/07/2019 16:00

Today, we recently found out I'm infertile, and I thought we were both devastated, until my partner posted a drunk video to Facebook, basically celebrating that we will never have, "crying, nappy-shitting, soul-sucking, bank account-draining little sods." FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 268
You deserved it 384

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In software terms, your partner thinks your infertility is not a bug, it’s a feature!

Sounds like you may have been pressuring him into accepting the idea of kids, and he was too scared of losing you to fight for what he wanted, then the relief he felt on getting freed of his anticipated "life sentence" just exploded out of him. Don't demonize him for having his own wants and needs and emotions, he's allowed. The only thing you can really blame him for is failure to communicate honestly before now, but that's often a "both of you" thing, not just a "him" thing.

Comments

Mungolikecandy 19

It may well be a way of coming to terms with the issue. He may be using the "I don't care" approach when he is actually really hurting. Or he may just have never wanted children and just went along with it because it was what you wanted.

Yep, a really shitty way to find out, but the partner probably wanted kinds because OP did. If they don't have to have kids and that's what the guy really wanted...

tounces7 27

I mean....isn't this good though? You're infertile and you're with someone who clearly doesn't want kids. That's kind of ideal if you think about it. It'd be far worse if he wanted to dump you after finding out.

Nah, another option is Adoption. if the partner is against kids that means OP can't even go that route either.

LadyRen 20

Either he’s grieving in an odd way, or he got pressured into wanting to have kids. Plus, adoption is an option. Yes, you may want bio kids, but if you have the money (as adoption can be expensive), you should look into adoption if you really want a kid. If he actually wants kids, try adoption. Otherwise...