She's right, you know

By Anonymous - 27/07/2009 16:52 - United Kingdom

Today, I was babysitting some kids and helping them make a poster about insects. They couldn't think of any more insects to add so I suggested a spider, and got told to "not be a dumbass, spiders aren't insects they're arachnids." The girl is six. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 930
You deserved it 55 983

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ryoga 0

She should have slapped you, too.

Comments

Well, YDI for thinking spiders are insects... I mean, seriously, how stupid are you? I'm shocked you were able to figure out how to get on the Internet and post this...

Sinamoi 18

Dude, chill. This isn't the worst mistake that someone could make. I mean, you don't see people getting jumped in the streets for calling a spider an insect. It's not that big a deal.

islaphippos 0

lmao, fyl. you were just trying to help

macc55 2

fake. kids don't talk like that. and yes, you are retarded

actually some kids can talk like that idiot

Any idiot knows that insects have 6 legs and spiders have 8.

Guitar_String 0

You deserve it for being an inbred prick who can't tell his Arachnidae from his Insecta.

ASpocksky 0

Wow, so who are the GREAT parents that taught this girl her vocabulary?

Not many people know that, jeez calm down

@19: Bullshit "not many people know that" -- You're taught it AS A CHILD, and it is covered again IN HIGH SCHOOL (unless not everyone has mandatory biology-esque classes). OP is just retarded. YDI

I totally agree with you. People like #27 who say that OP is "retarded" just because of such a small flaw in education are just assholes. I mean do you remember completely EVERYTHING down the very last detail from high school? No, you don't. Everyone has his specialization in life and doesn't need to remember some things. Everyone does a mistake from time to time and anyone who looks down on someone who does such a unimportant mistake and calls him retarded is a moron. OP: This is not an FML, it was just a mistake. It's a WOW to the little girl. She's very smart for her age.

ellbtvsvm 0

Seriously? I mean, who DOESN'T know that spiders are arachnids? Really?

I said "taught it AS CHILDREN" as well, then said "again in HIGH SCHOOL" Meaning, it's something that is usually covered regularly. The child is not smart, the child is average, the OP below average. The only people I know who would think spiders = insects, even in just the spur of a moment, are your typical teen twats ("preps" and "jocks").

Send that little 'dumbass' to bed ASAP. No, give her a coke first so the caffinee can keep her awake til her parents get home. She might know arachnids from insects, but she doesn't know any manners.