Self sabotage

By Anonymous - 15/08/2012 17:41 - United States

Today, I was drawing while on the train, when a very good-looking woman looked at my work and said, "Wow, she's pretty. Is it supposed to be me?" She'd said it in a flirty tone, but before I could stop myself, I'd said, "Nah, it's just a generic face." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 479
You deserved it 10 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get your foot out your mouth and say "this one doesn't compare to you", you're welcome.

Comments

We're all a bit socially awkward. It's ok. :)

osm1989_fml 6

Who the hell sees a drawing and says something so conceited and narcicisstic anyway? I hope she found your comment insulting. People like that deserve to be knocked off their pedestals.

I completely agree. "Wow, she's pretty--oh, obviously, she has to be me." Line of logic = flawed. And sigh...FML's like this make me wonder about how superficial OP seems to be--what if she hadn't been pretty, would he still be so sad about it?

DoxIxHAVExTo 10

I was just thinking the same thing. It reminds me of the dumb pickup lines my friends made up, like using "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?" or "Well, here I am. What were your other two wishes?" Conceited as hell, bur unlike this girl my friend's never actually USED these on anyone because they know how pathetic they are. Don't worry OP. You deserve better than those type of girls. But for your sake I hope you realize that..

Yeah, that's when you say, "You're prettier, do you want me to draw you?"

flutter4 7

That would just make her head bigger. It sounds like her ego is a little too big as it is.

carminecris89 13

Lol, you're lucky she was nice. The few times I have drawn people in public I've gotten the death glare from the people I was drawing.

He clearly said he wasn't drawing her, he just didn't intend to insult her...

N3766 20

That would be hot. If I were her i'd keep a conversation with you :)

skittlesmeep 4

This made me laugh :) Don't kick yourself too much over it!

Oh I tried but I could never draw something that beautiful! Hi I'm......

I stick my foot in my mouth all the time in those situations...I feel for you.

You should've completed with "you are much prettier" =D

I'd be creeped out by a guy drawing me on a train that I didn't know...

flutter4 7